Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Dyslexic or dumb - zat is ze questione......?

Whenever you pick people up on their bad grammar skills, why do they always make up the excuse that they're dyslexic?...yawn..........

Update:

You can tell a genuine dyslexic person as what "fat fuzzy cold bird" said....It has nothing to do with grammar but it just gets boring when they justify that as their reason for being slightly thick...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

good point..

I confess, i hired a highly intelligent chimp who does shorthand, he then touch-types my messages through microsoft word, and uses the spellcheque <----see it's not perfect

Can't be too carefull <--- *rolls eyes*

:)

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

It has nothing to do with grammar .

When I look at words sometimes letters are missing or in the wrong place . Which means I have to slow down and concentrate .

Also I get mixed up with vowels but I think that's the English language as much as anything .

People with bad grammar have usually been brought up by people with bad grammar .

• 1 decade ago

Funny you should ask, I went to a Dyslexia conference yesterday... Usually the spelling is just the tip of the iceberg, there is a whole lot of other problems too. But it is annoying when people say they can't spell because they have dyslexia when really, they were just never taught as a child. I think its best to assume everyone has dyslexia and ignore their poor spelling - that way nobody is offended!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I believe a couple of my contacts are dyslexic and they are very intelligent...but there are some on here who aren't dyslexic and use it as an excuse to air their bad grammar.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Dyslexia is a condition dreamt up by parents who need to have a socially acceptable excuse for having dumb kids.

Dyslexia does not make sense either.

'Words, letters and numbers get all jumbled up so I can't read properly' Letters and numbers are just objects, so it does not make any sense that other viewed objects do not appear jumbled up too.

Why would this condition conveniently only affect vison required to effectively employ the three Rs?

• 1 decade ago

Well I am dyslexic but I have decent grammar. I normally correct my husband when he says things wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dumb

• 1 decade ago

You know me all too well sugar...

Dumb as a bag of peanuts..

To answer your question though...

There always have been and always will be critics who have nothing better to do that look for tiny insignificant errors in spellings.

• 4 years ago

That would be a 2be 4 me. Hopefully for you also.

• 1 decade ago

Yep, and it's usually the guys that use that excuse.

The girls are all "Oh, shut up. You know what I mean!" when they mispell something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.