Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What will Obama do to Gun Control?

What will Obama do to Gun Control?

Favorite Answer

ABCs local DC anchor Leon Harris asked Obama, "One other issue that's of great importance here in the District as well is gun control. You said in Idaho recently... 'I have no intention of taking away folks' guns,' but you support the DC handgun ban." Obama's simple response: "Right." When Harris said, "And you've said that it's constitutional," Obama is clearly seen on tape nodding his head yes.

Lott, John R. Jr. (Oct. 2008), America's 1st Freedom,

Obama's Shifting Positions Leave Questions Unanswered On Guns

page 64, 1p

He may not be directly trying to go after guns but he will make it hard on LEGAL gun owners. He will sell America to the UN faster than some can say, "maybe we shouldn't have voted for him?"

Facts about Obama.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.2

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month sales restrictions.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=399...

Source(s): Gun Owner, NRA member

I think he's already got a bunch of Judges in mind for the second a conservative retires from the bench. Look at the 9th circuit court of appeals and their decisions. If there is an activist Judge in there (LOL!!) he or she will likely be the nominee. I believe Reid and Pelosi have one or two in mind. I believe Obama's Constitutional Law experience will bring some scary and very carefully crafted legislation. Don't think for one second he's not smart. He is one of the brightest politicians around today. All that pie-in-the-sky he sold America on will not happen the way everyone hoped. We are dealing with an extreme right winger now, so the people made the pendulum swing just as hard the other way. Obama was the director of a gun control foundation that wishes to ban all firearms to citizens by changing the perception of the Second Ammendment to the federalist, as opposed to the individual. If you are a true American, fight this battle. It IS an individual right to protect the people from a corrupt federal government. I think we can all see how important such a right is in the current environnment, and why both Bush and Obama don't want you to have a detatchable magazine. Look up HR1022. It is named after everyone's favorite .22 rifle. Ask a Canadian how they like gun bans.

Source(s): Common Sense.
  • Cheryl

Americans support the right to keep and bear "arms", not "semi-automatic assault weapons". Stop twisting the words around. Obama is also concerned about the safety of the public a lot more than Bush and his Congress which has been bought off by the NRA's lobbyists.

Nothing. Gun control issues are resolved in the Supreme Court. Their last ruling struck down a ban on handguns in D.C. (I think it was D.C.). Obama agreed that the ban was too strict.

• R W

I am a law biding gun owner. I have followed the rules of gun owership.If the law,be it local,state,or federal ever try and take my guns I will no longer be law biding.

I would honestly like to see a tax on gun ownership in the states. But, I am pretty sure whoever associated with such a deal would get shot. Quickly.

• no

"HE" will put it on the back burner for a short time. Whenever any type of news of a misuse of a firearm comes into the news, "HE" will immediately start his anit-gun "do if for the children" forces working. "He" already said that no one but cops and the military should have firearms in this country. This will allow him and his kind (marxists) to do whatever they please. We have all become "subjects", we are no longer "citizens".

We have to be careful using his name on yahoo now, I was just hit for an 11 point violation for quoting him! It was declared an "attack" I guess.

You have to remember that he has to deal with the senate and house-and the republicans will not allow him to just do as he pleases-the people of america still have a voice with their senators and congressman.

check this out my pinoy friend =)

next thing you know obamas gonna target airsoft gun owners

Everything he can to impose it on law-abiding US citizens.