1. Today in the English language, the word Camelot has come to mean an ideal place.
2. It is often associated with President John F. Kennedy’s White House years, because his presidency started a new “golden age” of prosperity in the United States .
3. Most of the stories about King Arthur were written in the ninth century and later.
4. The stories tell us about the people and values of these times.
5. Most of them talk about a code of honor, or chivalry.
6. King Arthur and his knights were all chivalrous.
7. They respected others.
8. A chivalrous person did not kill his enemy after the enemy surrendered.
9. Arthur and his knights were expected to show respect for the church and pity for the poor, as well as bravery and courtesy.
10. In his work, Malory creates a story of extraordinary bravery and emphasizes the triumph of good over evil.
11. This work inspired kings all over Europe .
12. The success of recent movies and books shows that the popularity of the legend of King Arthur is still strong today.
13. There are sword fights and wars that make the story exciting.
14. Maybe it is this combination of greatness and humanness that has made King Arthur a popular figure around the world and throughout history.
- ★謫仙★Lv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer