How can I become a mechanic?

I can pull a transmission and use a plasti guage and feeler guage.

Best Answer

You can start by working the lube rack at a shop. It sucks after the first couple of hours, you can only change oil and lube so many times before you get bored. Stick it out and get moved up to helping a master tech, then you can become an apprentice if you work out. If you want to speed things up a little you can take classes at a community college, that shows you have a little more ambition and will also help you get into a shop. After your an apprentice most big shops will reimburse you for your tuition as well. Another benefit to taking classes is that alot of schools have deals worked out with tool companies and you get a discount on your tools. I went through a community college program and we got 50% off Snap On tools. Don't even bother listing to that other guy who said to take apart an engine and research, I can take apart my tv remote control and put it back together, doesn't make me an electrical engineer.

Take an auto repair course at your local community college.

start taking classes, experience more on your own with motors,

take a back up motor apart and analyze every parts

clean it

research

Apprenticeship at your local mechanic shop, or you can go to a tech school.

Either way, you need to eventually become certified.