AustinUTfan9 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

African Clawed Frogs?

Im soon adding 2 ACFs to my already pre-cycled 10 gal tank. I know ACF get really big and live for more than 10 years so i'll switch out my 10 gal for a 20 as soon as they hit more than 5 inches. Do you know if a glass hanging filter would be more appropriate or an under gravel, i hear noisy waterfall filters disrupt their senses as they fell through vibrations. I know all the details and perks about these frogs as i have been researching them for the past few weeks. Any other additional information and advice is greatly welcomed

-Thankyou =D

Also this tank is starting with no other fish in it just the ACFs

I currently have 2 gouramis which are 3 inches and have been with me for almost 3 years, their death date is soo approaching so im replacing them with ACFs in the far future.

Favorite Answer

You might want to put them into a larger tank as soon as possible. I had two large ones around 5 inches in a 10 gallon, and it stayed constantly dirty. They are messy. They are very messy. lmao.

But on the bright side, I loved mine. They are very cool little guys. Have fun with them though. They are illegal where I live now...

they sell turtle tanks (where one side is lower to accomadate a filter) ut they are kind of expensive as far as tanks go

the HOB filter and filling the tank most of the wat up should be fine..

a UGF won't do much anyhow.. you'd need to do alot of waterchanges if that was the only filtration

it seems to me that you've done great research, for full undertanding

of this fish you may check this. Good luck