Pregnant Pit Bull Symptoms and Readiness for birth?

Our family was given a Pit Bull puppy when she was 11 months old. She is a WONDERFUL dog and very good with my children (ages 2, 11/ 17). I haven't ever owned a dog before and I began to question my husband (a prior to our marriage dog owner) why her mammary glands were getting larger and expanding. He told me... show more Our family was given a Pit Bull puppy when she was 11 months old. She is a WONDERFUL dog and very good with my children (ages 2, 11/ 17). I haven't ever owned a dog before and I began to question my husband (a prior to our marriage dog owner) why her mammary glands were getting larger and expanding. He told me that since she was a larger breed of dog, that her mammary glands would be larger so I didn't think anymore about it until I saw the weight gain (belly size only) and am able to feel 'movement' in her abdominal region. We are pretty sure she is pregnant (tired a lot, sleeps a lot, growing belly, urinates a lot) and if she is, she was given to us that way (which really miffs me that the prior owners weren't honest and didn't tell us of her condition). We didn't intend on her ever having puppies however we will deal with the ones we have and then insure it doesn't happen again. My question is, how do I know when she is close to having her puppies? I am looking for answers and information~NOT derogatory statements of how mean, awful, aggressive (or anything other negative word) a Pit Bull is~ANY dog can be that way; simply depends on the owner(s). If anyone can help with some info or point me in the direction of a good informational web site, I would so much appreciate it. Thanks :-D
Update: Thanks for all the answers! For those that have asked, I received the dog Oct 12, 2008 and was told her birthday is Nov 16, 2008. I was given shot records and medical records with the dog and have not had her to a vet yet as we just started seeing changes as of yesterday and the vet we have chosen for her was... show more Thanks for all the answers!

For those that have asked, I received the dog Oct 12, 2008 and was told her birthday is Nov 16, 2008. I was given shot records and medical records with the dog and have not had her to a vet yet as we just started seeing changes as of yesterday and the vet we have chosen for her was not in the office today to be able to obtain an appt., so for the rude comment about the fact of me not taking her to a vet 'miffing' her, hopefully this helps to answer your concerns in particular. Up until yesterday evening as her shots and vet visits were up to date, I did not feel I had a reason to go to a vet as of yet. And I also plan to spay/neuter Lady as soon as she weans the puppies as I don't want to add to the amount pets that end up uncared for or up for adoption or euthanized, etc. We as a family only wanted one dog to love and welcome into our home however I cannot bear to have anything happen to her or her babies and want to make sure I do the right thing.