I need to think of something sad?

okay so i'm writing a book. and i need to think of a sad story. so this is what i got so far. there is some pathetic little girl about 12 that has allot of Friends but feels that she needs more attention so she makes up story to try and make people feel bad for her what is a sad stay that is believable for the... show more okay so i'm writing a book. and i need to think of a sad story.
so this is what i got so far. there is some pathetic little girl about 12 that has allot of Friends but feels that she needs more attention so she makes up story to try and make people feel bad for her
what is a sad stay that is believable for the girl in my story to tell everyone to make them feel bad for her. something really sad. that would like make someone stop talking for days. and be depressed and stuff. but something that wouldn't be o the news or anything something that would only happen at home.