Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsRugby · 1 decade ago

Welsh team V South Africa?

Lee Byrne (Ospreys);

Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues),

Jamie Roberts (Cardiff Blues),

Gavin Henson (Ospreys),

Shane Williams (Ospreys);

Stephen Jones (Scarlets),

Gareth Cooper (Gloucester);

Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues),

Matthew Rees (Scarlets),

Adam Jones (Ospreys),

Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys),

Ian Evans (Ospreys),

Ryan Jones (Ospreys, capt),

Martyn Williams (Cardiff Blues),

Andy Powell (Cardiff Blues).

Replacements: Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Duncan Jones (Ospreys), Ian Gough (Ospreys), Dafydd Jones (Scarlets), Dwayne Peel (Sale Sharks), James Hook (Ospreys), Tom Shanklin (Cardiff Blues).

I'm happy as larry..could easily do the job and I love the bench, guys like james hook and shanklin and peel can make a real impact, while bosh merchants like Andy Powel and Jamie roberts add tons of grunt.

This might possibly be Wales strongest team in the Pro Era, though might doesn't make right anymore like it used to pre ELV'S..

Thoughts and Opinions?

Update:

Lots of uncalled for and unbriddled spite from arrogant obnoxous saffas here, as predicted I guess. Bless them they must be worried shitless.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd agre with you that it's the strongest squad we've had since turning pro.

And the team is pretty much what you'd expect.

Cooper's a surprise, but we know he's dependable if a little unspectacular.

It will be interesting to see Powell and Roberts. See how they fit into the system.

I would have put Gough in instead of Ian Evans as well.

But you're right. So many selection dilemas. It's a good little period in our history. Let's give the boks a tough game tomorrow!

• AJ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I have never really liked Ian Evans. Ian Gough should be on first and Luke Charteris should be on the bench. More experience on the field and young players on the bench.

• 1 decade ago

this game should generally be a walk over for south africa i dont care how strong the welsh team is there is no chance to defeat the mighty springboks. they have just to many quality players, i think the score will be something like 56-12 in favour of the boks. im not arrogant or over patriotick im just realistic.

Source(s): common sense
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Looks like South Africa will walk all over the Welsh team. Not the first time either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nick C
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

talk it up wales!

south africa are gonna eat u alive and show u that 6 nations champ's are not even on the same page as the tri-nation's competition!

jean de villiers is gonna have a field-day playing around with gavin '****' henson!

Source(s): Gavin Henson = Most over rated player in world rugby!
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well... im hoping wales will win because my friends from there. plus i hate south africa in rugby. im from new zealand.

but i cant really see wales beating south africa. i think south africa will win.

• 1 decade ago

throw in the welsh chior and you might have a chance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.