Alltel Wireless Internet Cards vs Hughes Net?

OK, I was looking at Hughes Net for a really long time because Cable and DSL with normal companies was out of the question due to living on a farm in the middle of Michigan. But I heard that satellite internet, like Hughes Net, is really bad for playing online games because of the lag. So, now I'm thinking... show more OK, I was looking at Hughes Net for a really long time because Cable and DSL with normal companies was out of the question due to living on a farm in the middle of Michigan.

But I heard that satellite internet, like Hughes Net, is really bad for playing online games because of the lag.

So, now I'm thinking about the alltel wireless internet USB things that you just plug into the USB port on your computer. It's the same price, so it looks pretty good.

I just have a few questions:

I have alltel cell phones, and I get like 4 bars at the computer, so if I put the USB into my desktop will I be getting really good reception from the alltel tower (only about 20 miles south of my house)? Like somewhere in the 1-3 Mbps?

Will it be better than Hughes Net?

I would get the UTStarcom UM175 USB wireless thing.

Under the map, I would have access to broadband (EVDO Rev O)

Thanks.
Update: All I'm looking for is something that is faster than 56K dial-up but not as horrible as satellite internet.