Why do I have to pay taxes for this country if my rights are being denied?

Im lesbian and hope to one day get married to the woman of my dreams and live happily ever after (lol)

but Why is it that if i am being considered a second class citizen i am required to live up to the same "standards" as my heterosexual counterparts that have more rights than i do?

I kno some people will write back with offensive comments and if you do I will flag your post..

What is the problem with homosexuals being united by law (what most call marriage) BESIDES something religious (i am asking BESIDES because I am christian and I know all of the "biblical" reasons why)

I have heard:

(1)Because it is disgusting... (i find farting disgusting but I dont think there should be laws against it)

(2)Because it is unnatural ... only unnatural to u because you dont like the same sex - and that leads back to god and his creation..so religious point and doesnt count

(3)Because you cant procreate from sex...well wat about women and men who are naturally infertile... their sex cant produce procreation there for they shouldn't be able to marry?

(4) because you need a man and a woman to raise a child - what about the husbands who have died and/or decided to leave the woman alone - should their children be taken away because they dont have a "father" around?

I guess a sub question to this is...why is it so hated when honestly I dont want to be married in a church (even if it was to a guy - i've never been BIG on the wedding aspect), I just would like to be able to jointly own property/etc, when i have kids (i plan on it whether or not i am single or not - my reproductive organs STILL work fine) if something were to happen to me, i wouldn't want them taken away from my partner, if i am sick, i would like my partner to be there with me at the hospital or her benefits cover me if I cant work and no longer have my own...

I want to be able to have the same RIGHTS just because i have gotten "married" as any other couple. Heck we can call it "jerubified" and not marriage... its it the WORD marriage that you are against or denying the rights that come with it?

btw i do pay my taxes lol and i have been for the years i have been working (only been out of college for 3 yrs almost 4) so i am not a slacker... thought i would put it out there... im just curious why

actually to mention i like women in other countries like:

Belgium

Canada

Netherlands

Norway

South Africa

Spain

Same sex marriage is legal so i wouldn't be killed

Andorra

Belgium

Czech Republic

Denmark

Ecuador

Finland

France

Germany

Hungary

Iceland

Luxembourg

Netherlands

New Zealand

Slovenia

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

Uruguay

Civil Unions and Registered partenerships legal

so ... check ur facts before you come out with ill informed stats

no i am not implying if you are a heterosexual & single you shouldn't have to pay...

or single... i am just wondering why we are all held to the same standards when all rights are not given to both

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Where it says PURSUIT of HAPPINESS...that right...is being denied

the above was to Allison

Best Answer

So according to you.... if you're single.... you shouldn't have to pay taxes?

You pay taxes to live here.... of course, if you don't like it here, why not move to another country... OH, that's right, because you would be killed for even mentioning you like women, let alone want to marry one.

When will everyone see that they have it so good here....

I'm all for a civil union.... a commitment ceremony.... just don't call it marriage. You wouldn't call each other husband and wife.... so don't call it marriage.... marriage is between one man and one woman. PERIOD.

EDIT: For the part about raising kids... that's not what people are saying.... you can raise a child, you just can't create one. I'm not all for raising a child in a gay home, but at least that child would be loved... confused... but loved.

EDIT: LOL that's fine.... GO THERE and stop complaining! LOL PROBLEM solved!

EDIT: It states you can pursue it... not that it is a legal granted right.... get out there, protest, vote... AND PURSUE what you want.... You still haven't made any points.... keep em coming. :-)

• Shar B

Your points are very well taken. But here in lies the problem: You stated that you were a Christian and according to Webster's Dictionary a Christian is one who is a follower of the teachings of Jesus. As you know, in the beginning, Jesus along with his heavenly father, God, created the first man and woman and told them to multiply and fill the earth. Centuries latter, Jesus came to the earth and lived as a Jew under the Law given by his father, God, to the nation of Israel at Mount Sinai. One of those laws stated at Leviticus 18:22 declared, "Do not practice homosexuality." Twenty three years after Christ died, the Apostle Paul under inspiration of holy spirit said at Romans 1:26, "...Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other." This was not Paul's biased opinion because as was stated at the very beginning of his letter to the Romans, this was a letter from Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, chosen by God to be an apostle and sent out to preach his Good News. And at 1 Corinthians 6:9 Paul warned, "Don't fool yourselves...those who practice homosexuality will not inherit God's Kingdom." Some of the early converts to Christianity had formerly practiced homosexuality, but gave it up in order to be acceptable to Christ. As an American citizen under the Constitution of the United States, you do have an unalienable right to pursue happiness. But as a follower of Christ you gave up your "rights" and now live to honor the Lord. In conclusion, as Christians, "We must not just please ourselves...we should...do what is right in the Lord."

Chester said it best, and this seems more like a rant than a question, and bc we don't share your thought on this you are going to flag us?

Oh and you can buy property regardless of sex you dork you and your lover can purchase things together. Why do you want a simple piece of paper that says you love one another?

I have been married once and it is not a cake walk. You know who you love and who you go home with every night. Don't get all tangled bc of stupid laws.

I honestly agree with you 100%.

For everyone's information, in case it's important, I am a 23 year old white STRAIGHT married female, and I do not closely know any people who are homosexual.

However, here is my feeling on the matter. I really don't understand what the harm is in allowing two human beings to marry one another -- because that's really all this is. In what way does it harm ANYONE if two people are allowed to marry?

I don't feel that homosexuals should have any less rights to anything that herterosexual people have. Why should homosexual people not be allowed to marry one another? There are no good reasons. Anyone who cites anything about the Bible being a good reason is ridiculous in my opinion, because marriage IS NOT A RELIGIOUS THING. People can make their marriage and their wedding a religious event, but that does not mean it IS a religious event.

Not allowing homosexuals to marry is, in my opinion, discrimination. People seem to be blind to that for some reason, and it annoys me horribly. Why is this any different than the civil rights movement, or when women weren't allowed to vote??

I firmly believe that in 50 or 100 years, teachers will be sitting in classrooms, textbooks open, saying "Yes children, believe it or not back then homsexuals were not even allowed to marry! This was a horrible discrimination, and a long fight to have their rights given to them ensued."

Anyway.. good luck!

Unless the legal right has actually been granted, your "legal right" has not been denied.

I'm not taking a position on same-sex marriage. I'm just challenging your concept of a "right". Rights are written into law. If you don't have that right written into law, there is no right to deny.

There are LOADS of things I don't like, but I still have to pay taxes. Sorry.

Get ready to pay even more of them.

You have the same rights as everybody else. A hetero man cant marry a man any more than a gay man can. You have the same rights as hetero women, to marry a man. You dont want to ? Thats fine, nobody forces you to, but get off your high hores.

You can stop paying taxes to your country by going expat to some other country.

• mary p

Paying taxes is no choice...I have to pay school taxes every year and have no kids

Being a Lesbian is your choice and does not effect your tax paying status

We are not defined by our sexual orientation in the eyes of tax laws. You pay just like the next U.S. citizen. You want to be like everybody else...here you go. Here's your tax bill.

Stop your whining and be glad that you were not born in the middle eaat, where they are denied education, always have to cover their hair, cannot wear pants, and cannot even vote.