promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

If Alaskan Senator Ted Stevens wins re-election....?

will the US Senate expel him for his conviction on corruption charges, thus paving the way for Governor Palin to appoint a successor - HER?

GOP thinking is that she's a bright light in this dark time and elevating her to the US Senate will give her a clear shot at 2012.

What's your opinion?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If they don't refuse to seat him, they are going to have a serious lack of credibility.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Fern O
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

I relish the idea the Sarah Palin is the "bright light" for the GOP in 2012...She'll get trounced even more than McCain did. Obamas' margin of victory says this country wants change...and four years from now he'll be re-elected. In the Republic of mediocrity..genius is dangerous. Sarah Palin is a ding-bat! If a moderate like McCain couldn't win in these trying times, what makes you think a right-winger will?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Sen.Ted Stevens & Sen.Murtha have won.

After all, bad people favor corrupt politicians! When bad people are in majority, the corrupt politicians become elected Leaders!

Is there any politician alive who is noted for Simple living and high thinking?

Do we need $Billions Elections?

Are they Servants of the People or their Masters? What a Pomp & Show! Ugly display of Wealth & Power!

When is the REAL CHANGE gonna come? Not in our time!

• 1 decade ago

It would be corrupt and self-serving, in other words par for the course for her. I would welcome it, if for no other reason to have her around on the national stage as a walking punchline.

Side note, I was in Southern Mississippi when Katrina happened and despite whatever kickbacks Ted Stevens allegedly took, when it was proposed that money from the bridge to nowhere project be Temporarily redirected to emergency aid for NOLA and the Gulf Coast he sat there screaming like a 4-year-old on the floor of the Senate, "NO!". If for no other reason than that I believe that there is a special place in hell reserved for the son of a *****.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If the source of your concideration for this topic is Governor Palin being a governor/ public official, then you should look at some of the amazing things she's done for alsaska.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, that may even be the plan. It's definitely a hot possibility.

• 1 decade ago

No way Palin will be my president! That's just crazy!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

she can't win a national election -- she is too far on the right -- we all can see her rabid base and it was not pretty

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.