Does anyone feel that we can ever be the UNITED.....?

States of America again? It seems like this election has divided this country.

And don't blame one party or the other. It's both the Democrats and Republicans that are to blame.

So how do we become united again?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

We are united, deep down where it counts.

You've seen the usual bickering and arguing and so forth that comes with any election. It's loud, it's boisterous. But it's over, the people have spoken, and we'll go forward with a new president.

What you haven't seen is a military coup, where a few officers declare martial law and take control of the country, or a former leader declare the election invalid, and refuse to surrender power.

Think about that - that would be a remarkable event in many parts of the world.

This country is like a family - brothers fight with sisters, and kids talk back to parents. But if there is a challenge from the outside, it's dollars to doughnuts that we'll fall into lockstep and pull together to take on anything the world can throw at us. You saw that on September 11, and some of you saw it during WW2.

So we ARE united, in that we overwhelmingly respect the democratic process, the rule of law, and the American way.

• 1 decade ago

It's always been the United States of America. I'm all about the change - to bring us back as one. Sorry about those other people ...

• 1 decade ago

People need to stop electing extremes, Bush, Obama are polar opposites. To get my respect as a politician, Obama will have to move to the center & distance himself from the hard left.

• 1 decade ago

Well keep a watch out for one world government.

not that its a good thing but it will unite the masses.

before that happens learn what you can about God

because God unites! United States under GOD

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

America has so much to overcome before we can become united

and the fact that it will take very long before this happens (even though it has taken long enough starting with slavery and equal rights) makes me so disappointed in our country

we should support our President no matter what.

"divided we fall"

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hessian has broken that united stuff, now it's all for him.

after 70 years on this earth i now have no president.

no one to look up to.

no one to believe in.

Make be there hope in 2012

• 1 decade ago

By putting aside who on Capital Hill is what religion, age, race, whatever, and what everybody of every aspect can do for our country to get better.

• 1 decade ago

its not so much about democrats and republicans, to me it comes down to black vs white, and i believe that every person on the planet is racist, but what matters is how much of a racist you are. take me for instance, i hate black people as a whole, but im cool with individual(hope that makes sense), but when you have people saying they are voting obama because hes black, and not on the issues, thats what bothers me, because the future of our country is not a game

• 1 decade ago

We'll have to wait til 2012 when Palosi, Frank, Reed and their new puppet are overwhelming willingly replaced!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hussein has been the most divisive candidate since 1860.

What have you done, America??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.