Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Have you ever wondered if people with British accents who can't read know that there's no 'R' in Chicago?

Well I guess you haven't because if they can't read the probably don't know what 'R' is!!

Ha

Favorite Answer

YES! They take the 'r' out of words like chair and where does it go? Some other word with no 'r's in it apparently like 'Chicago'.

It's not good, or bad particularly, it's just British.

It's really wondorous when you hear 'Barack Obamer'.

BTW- I'm sick of people who think all Americans don't know that the UK is comprised of Northern Ireland, Wales, Scotland and England. That Britain is the larger island on the right and that Wales, Scotland and England have differences on the isle.

OK? I'm sorry, but HERE'S ONE that knows that. Yes, I took 8th grade geography when I was 13. SOME OF US KNOW. I learned England was on an island when I was 7 and then I found a globe and saw that Scotland was to the north and Wales was to the west. I know.

I'm tired of having to make up for the knowledge you think other American's lack. Well, I'm sorry, but I do know the geography of the isle, and I resent being placed into an ignorant category and it being assumed that most Americans don't know the difference.

I've noticed it in other words but **** Chicago

British?

You mean English, right?

Thicko, Britain does not mean England.

Source(s): Scottish, and sick of moronic people who are under the impression that England is Britain.
  • kiki

What are you talking about? Chicago does have r in it! *rolls eyes*

that funny coming from the most uneducated nation on earth

• Nora G

that would be folks from Boston also, Kennedy always said Cubar

Hello, I thought you sucked at being a funny person and stopped asking these silly questions.

Best answer please!

not this again. hi.

that was so funny... only it wasn't.... =/?

... what the hell.