Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Can someone give me a full synopsis of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins?

I'm in Australia at the moment, and for some reason the Hunger Games hasn't been released here yet. Although the synopsis would be spoilers, I would really really like to know what happens in the Hunger Games in full detail, before I buy it online, just in case I don't like it.

Favorite Answer

In the Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, both the impoverished and wealthy districts (Cities, in present time) in the remains of North America in the future are required to send two random 12-18 year olds to the Hunger Games, a competition in which the 24 kids/teens fight to the death. Only one can survive.

12-year-old Primrose Everdeen is chosen the day of the Reaping to represent the teenage girls of the poor coal-mining district 12. And Katniss, her older sister, bravely volunteers to take her place, which is, in a way, suicide on behalf.

Chosen as well is Peeta Mellark, a boy Katniss knew for a long time.

Anyway, the story goes on and Katniss competes in the Hunger Games. It sounds kind of bad and boring, probably at the moment, but I guarantee that you will love it. The characters involved in the Hunger Games will make you cry, and certain scenes may terrify you (One of them, I screamed out loud, which I don't do often). It's just very emotional and everything. Many genres in this story as well, which makes the book well-rounded.

Maybe you want to wait for it to come out in Australia? Or else, you could buy it online, maybe Ebay or Amazon or something. It really is a great book.

~Alexandrite Celestea

Administrator of Hunger Games Trilogy: Unofficial Forums

Source(s): www.hungergamestrilogy.com

You'll like it. Just go read it. It's awesome. Although, you might want to wait a few years til all 3 books have been released. Then you don't have to wait for a year between each one to find out what happens.