Should the United States mind it's own business?

Suppose the United States just closed down for renovations. Suppose we brought all the troops home to protect the US borders instead of Iraq. Supposed we cut off all foreign aid and started aiding Americans. Supposed we closed down the country and did not allow any foreign trade for 5 years. All goods would have to... show more Suppose the United States just closed down for renovations. Suppose we brought all the troops home to protect the US borders instead of Iraq. Supposed we cut off all foreign aid and started aiding Americans. Supposed we closed down the country and did not allow any foreign trade for 5 years. All goods would have to be bought and sold in the US. Suppose we did not grant any new citizenships for 5 years and focused who is eligible to stay and who needs to leave then followed up and sent them home. What do you think the repercussions would be?
Update: This has nothing to do with who I'm voting for or you vote for. Take a break from that, please. Also, we have enough oil on reserv to last more than 20 years so the economy would not collapse. Think again. It may simple, but I'm not convinced it won't work. Help me out.