How will the Amish vote?

The Amish are a people that do not believe in electricity. They are generally conservative and I'd imagine would vote Republican. Without normal voting booths will there be an issue of "hanging chads" in their voter area? Is that even their method of voting? Could this end up being a controversy in states like PA because of its swing-state status?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think th eAmish vote so it's a non-issue. IF they did vote though. You believe taht Harrison Ford would get many rite in votes.

Source(s): Witness Oscar Nomiations
  • 1 decade ago

To those who say the Amish don't vote, your incorrect. I reside in an area that has many Amish people and saw several at my polling place yesterday, as I have in years past. Some may choose not to vote just the same as many non-Amish people choose not to vote. But their is no "rule" prohibiting them from voting.

There is a general misconception that because the Amish do not use many modern conveniences in their homes that they refuse to use them in public places. This is also false. They use electronic voting machines, ride in elevators, ride in vehicles (don't drive them though), shop at Walmart, eat at Mcdonalds, etc, etc...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Amish will use electric devices, they just generally will not own them. So they can use voting machines. It isn't much of an issue, as many of them do not vote.

• 3 years ago

voting is an unconventional theory, as Amish traditionally evaluate it unseemly. Political involvement ability compromising on one's ideals. yet another hurdle to voting is that maximum of them don't have photograph identity, and vacationing into city to vote is greater inconvenient whilst making use of horsepower.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Amish don't believe in voting.

• 1 decade ago

By Carrier Pigeons

• DAR
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

In California I filled in my ballot with a pen, don't know why they couldn't. As for who they would vote for, I couldn't say, but if you go about half way through this video....starting at :55....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-Z09yNPRDk

Youtube thumbnail

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think they're actually educated, so I don't think hanging chads would be a problem for them.

have you heard the joke....what goes clippity-clop, clippity-clop, bang-bang.

An Amish drive-by shooting

• 1 decade ago

They don't vote.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Who cares about the Amish? They don't contribute to our country.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.