Is having an 8-port router better than having a 4-port router and a 4-port switch?

Say I have a standard 4-port run-of-the-mill router as my internet gateway and connected to one of those ports is a 4-port switch. That means I can have 7 computers connected to the internet at once. Now consider if I had an 8 port router as my internet gateway, which means I could have 8 machines connected to... show more Say I have a standard 4-port run-of-the-mill router as my internet gateway and connected to one of those ports is a 4-port switch. That means I can have 7 computers connected to the internet at once.

Now consider if I had an 8 port router as my internet gateway, which means I could have 8 machines connected to the internet at once.

I don't see any downsides to having an 8 port router as opposed to having the 4-port router plus switch. Please tell me any downsides you can imagine.