How do I fix the brightness of my computer monitor?

My monitor has been acting strange lately. I think it's about to break. Every few minutes, the brightness window pops up and turns itself down. When it pops up, I can turn the brightness up, but if I let go of the button, it just goes down. The only way I can exit the window is to turn my monitor off. But... show more My monitor has been acting strange lately. I think it's about to break. Every few minutes, the brightness window pops up and turns itself down.

When it pops up, I can turn the brightness up, but if I let go of the button, it just goes down. The only way I can exit the window is to turn my monitor off.

But enough of that, I'll find a way to fix it eventually, but until then, is there a way to turn the brightness up using the computer alone? Please. Anything will help. My screen is so dark. It only stays as high as 25 on the brightness window. It kinda hurts my eyes.
1 answer 1