What can I do to help my depressed, entrepreneur husband?

My husband and I got married one year ago. He is an entrepreneur and working on his third internet technology business. Although I have not finished my PhD program at my East Coast university, we sold our home, stored or sold everything we own, left all of our friends and family and moved to California for his... show more My husband and I got married one year ago. He is an entrepreneur and working on his third internet technology business. Although I have not finished my PhD program at my East Coast university, we sold our home, stored or sold everything we own, left all of our friends and family and moved to California for his business. As the business slowly used up all of our savings, all of my personal savings, my IRA and thousands of dollars in credit card debit, we needed some money and quickly. Though I am supposed to be working on my dissertation full time, I decided to get a job so we could at least have enough to live. Unfortunately, more was needed to pay past business expenses thereby earmarking each paycheck before it even arrived. And I would be happy to give everything all over again but it seems so futile as my husband is becoming more and more miserable every day...like everything I do either doesn't help or makes things worse (e.g. he'll say I'm too busy for him). The business hasn't had the chance to get off the ground and is completely out of money (and there is no more in sight). This is the third time I have seen him depressed as a business has wound down, but this is by far the worst. He says I have no idea whats going on but won't talk to me about it. I have begged him to talk to me...so we can figure this out as a team, but he just stares and doesn't talk. I cannot tell if continued persuasion to talk makes him feel worse or better...and I know he won't talk to a professional. He says he needs a job but no one will hire him because he doesn't have an advanced degree, or because his business ventures haven't been successful, etc. But I don't know if he's really looked either. Now he just moves around the house, without speaking, like a shell of himself. He has completely shut me out. All I want to do is help him, but he stares at me like an opponent. I cannot be happy when he is so sad. I already feel like I'm drowning as my dissertation is totally being neglected, my job is stressful and demanding, I'm working 13 hours a day at the minimum, I miss my family and friends like crazy...but nothing compares to the heartache I feel about my husband. I'll do whatever it takes to make him happy. I'll support any decision. If he wants a job, we'll find a job. If he wants to work part-time on the business and part-time at a job, I'll help him do that. If he needs help finding money to continue the business full-time, I've got his back there too. But he won't say anything. Part of me thinks he wants me to tell him what to do, but how can I do that? The worst part is, I have no one to talk to because in doing so, I would be revealing business information to friends and family that I am in no place to reveal. I don't know what to do. We used to be a team but now we seem to just coexist. Everything I do seems to be wrong. Help. I am so sad and feel so helpless. Has anyone gone through anything similar?
Update: Thank you for all of your input. I really appreciate hearing so many different and insightful points of view and certainly helps me keep things in perspective. I should clarify that he has a BS in Operations Management...by "advanced degree", I meant he doesn't have an MBA. And he definitely... show more Thank you for all of your input. I really appreciate hearing so many different and insightful points of view and certainly helps me keep things in perspective.

I should clarify that he has a BS in Operations Management...by "advanced degree", I meant he doesn't have an MBA. And he definitely doesn't spend all day on the couch...he works just as much as I do, if not more, as he must head up business development, marketing, product development, etc. Also, in reference to revealing business information, I meant that I would not feel comfortable discussing the company's financial status and prospects with friends and family. It's not that anything shady is going on...it's just that I do not feel it is *my* place to sharing that type of information.