Having problem with my lawyer....?

I have been in this country for over 9 years, i came as a student,finish my studies and got married. Now the process for applying for the green card start. Found a Lawyer through Immigration website. We start all application nice and smooth. Then all of a sudden everything stop. Try to call her, no reply email her nothing. One time she call me back and say ohh I talk to immigration and they say they lost my file so i have to apply again. So i did and its been 11 month. I call INS and and told me they didn't receive anything. Call my lawyer back nothing. This is very confusing and i don't what to do now. I have been calling everyday and no answer.

I am confusing please help what should i do??

thank you.

Thank you everyone. I didn't get from USCIS but one of the immigration website. Thank you again i will try that..

One more thing if i want to do it my self which form should i sent first and how much does it cost?? Please help..

• michr
    Favorite Answer

the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) does not list or endorse any particular attorneys. i do not think you got the attorney's name from the USCIS.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

contact a reputable immigration attorney where you live. you can contact the states Bar Association or the local Legal Aide office for a list of attorneys who can help you.

EDIT:

try this site first, since you are here legally now, the process probably won't require the assistance of an attorney.

the first step is for your husband to apply for you and then just follow through the procedure. good luck.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5a...

you can call for assistance from the USCIS at:

1-800-375-5283

Through what immigration website did you find this lawyer? If it is a government website, then you should be talking to that agency. If it's a private website, then you should probably be possibly speaking to another lawyer, one who you can get a good referral from someone who has used them.

I would complain to that Immigration website. Or look for another lawyer from a different firm.

• Judy

Find another lawyer. It sounds like this one is scamming you.