Do you like your Bare Minerals?

I'm thinking about buying the "basic starter pack" and I'm just curious who likes/loves their Bare Minerals and who doesn't really care for it so much. I have dry skin and it's pretty sensitive. How do you guys feel about your Bare Minerals?

Favorite Answer

Most Bare Minerals makeup is very good. The kit comes with a DVD that teaches you how to apply the products, which is very helpful. I use the foundation, the mineral veil and the Vanilla Sugar eyeshadow every single day. It has been healing to my skin, the products are fun to apply, and they are natural looking. You will only get light coverage with Bare Minerals. It blends and brings your skin into what I call a soft focus. I think Bare Minerals is ideal for your skin type, but do not use the brushes that come with the kit. Bare Minerals brushes are very scratchy, picky and irritating, and the creator of the makeup line should be ashamed of them. Anyway, go to The Body Shop and purchase their mineral makeup brushes. They are very soft, inexpensive, and guaranteed for life. The only brush from Bare Minerals that is any good is the concealer brush, which I use every day.

I am a professional makeup artist and skincare specialist. I would stay away from Bare Escentuals. I have used it in the past as I liked it at first until I realized several problems with them.

1)They use Bismuth Oxychloride which is a cheap metal/mineral that has been processed with tin and copper. It is well known to cause itching, skin irritation, rash and in some cases acne. (you can google bare escentuals bismuth oxychloride itch and see many pages of people with a bad reaction to this filler)

2)They say No Preservatives, yet if you flip over their mineral veil it says methylparabean and propylparabean, both chemical preservatives with possible links to cancers.

3)They use cheap fillers like bismuth and cornstarch

4)they are very shiny and can look greasy especially in photos

5)they do not last all day

6)they can make dry skin feel more dry due to the bismuth

I did a lot of research on mineral makeup as I really did love it. It looks natural, is very low on chemicals and fillers (unlike creams and liquids) and can be good for your skin. After many trials looking for staying power, purity, overall finish, application and feel I came across a company called Faerie Organic. I have been using it on myself and clientele since. Heres the reasons I like them and think you should really try them.......

1)They use NO preservatives, No cheap fillers (cornstarch, talc, etc) NO bismuth Oxychloride

2)They are a signer of the Campaign For Safe Cosmetics (they are a *Green product)

3)Their minerals are actually good for the skin

4) They are light airy, natural looking, cover really well (especially acne and rosacea, and leave a dewy glow

5)They are affordable

6)They do not use nano particles or microparticles (which a lot of companies do and it can be dangerous to inhale)

7)Thye do not use coated minerals (coated with dimethicone, silicone etc) these can be comodogenic and break you out

8)They offer a free sample kit that comes with 2 foundations, sheer veil and a faux tan bronzer (these samples lasted me like a week)

I put health before beauty but its awesome when you can find a company that offers both. You can check them out here..........http://www.faerieorganic.com

I love Bare Minerals! To get a better coverage, just keep applying Powder in circular motions all over your face, layer it. Be sure they teach you the correct way to apply. I have oily skin and it worked! It works well with dry skin too, however they may advise a moisturizer. Allergies? My skin is also sensitive, but no problems at all. Go for it!

You may want to order a small sample (ebay) or try it on in the mall before you buy the starter pack. Bare Minerals uses bismuth oxychloride in their formulas. It makes me itch like crazy, so I can 't use it. Since you have sensitive skin, might be a problem, I dunno.

If you try it and it does make you itch, then suspect the bismuth!

I use LA Minerals which is bismuth free.

I used to love it, but then I realized that I was allergic bismuth, which is one of the ingredients in most mineral makeups. So, be weary of the fact that a lot of people are allergic to that. You'll know if it makes you itchy.

The great thing about the starter pack is it comes with the brushes, which are close to $30 on their own. Here's a bunch of reviews that may help you decide, http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/Item...

Source(s): My own experience
  • DOG!

I love Bare Minerals!

Only bad thing is that the coverage isn't full...so if you want full coverage you still need to apply some liquid under..

but I love how it evens out my complexion and never clogs my pores!

i love bare minerals!! and i have really oily skin, but it gets dry too

it doesn't make my skin flakey and it doesn't make me look super shiny

it honestly doesn't even look like i'm wearing make-up, it just looks like i have really good skin haha and i love that :)

good luck!!

i hated bare minerals. it gave me a horrible break out and it made me look like i had a really fake barbie doll tan. try bare naturale, it's cheaper and works so much better =)

i HATE bare minerals, i dont like the way it looked on my face at all,

i didnt like the dry powdery look it gave my face.

i prefer a dewy look, or nothing at all, not a dry powder look.

Some people like it, but some people hates it because they have allergic reation toward it because of there ingredient (Bismuth).

I didn't like it as much as Everyday Minerals.