If you were a car insurer, would you quote a higher figure to a deaf person than to a hearing person?

Favorite Answer

Why would the insurer know? Deafness is not considered an affliction that affects ability to drive in the UK, therefore it's not necessary to declare it.

No i would not as a deaf person is not going to be distracted by boom boom car stereo or chatter from his her passengers, or from illicit use of a mobile. I do not see that a deaf person should be any more of a risk than anyone else.

My source for this? I am deaf ! I have also been driving for 46 years, have had 32 cars, have covered over 800,000 miles in 4 countries and have never had an accident of any kind and have never been booked for any motoring offence. I still drive 30,000 miles a year.

• Scouse

insurance companies analyse accidents and who is most likely to be at risk of an accident. ie a salesman driving say 20,000 a years is more likely to have a major crash than a mother driving children on the school run who is most likely to have a slow speed minor one. It follows that if those statisics show that a deaf driver is more likely to have an accident than one who can hear it wil lbe reflected in the premium

not at all... I'm an insurance broker and deafness wouldn't be a factor in the quoting process. if the person has a valid drivers license, i am sure he or she is more than qualified to drive; besides, the DVM determines the capability to drive without presenting a risk to themselves or others.

Source(s): me
  • farraj

it relatively is a superb element in the event that they actually love one yet another. No marriage is undemanding, for one to prevail it takes no longer in uncomplicated terms love yet compromise. what's the version between a character flaw and a actual one? The adulthood with which it relatively is dealt with. we are all incorrect in one way or the different, yet I had extremely be married to a sort, loving deaf guy who additionally loves Jehovah, than to somebody who's propose, temperamental or would not share my ideals. the only time it does no longer be good is whilst the listening to individual is shallow and unwilling to examine a language their companion can understand. That is going for any marriage the place one or the two companions are too immature to choose to delight their mate. As on your different question, there is no longer something in the Bible that denies this way of union. while you're married Edo, your spouse would desire to be a happy lady and while you're actually not married yet, your destiny spouse would be better than happy. And undergo in ideas, sometime we are able to all be without flaws.

No. A person's hearing ability has no effect on car insurance rates.

• Nate W

That would be descrimination. The only way they could that is if they had actual numbers showing deaf people are more likely to be in an accident.Even then, each state would have to approve it and they wouldn't.

Source(s): Insurance Agent

They can't, unless they have the data to prove hearing-impaired drivers are a higher risk. Otherwise, it's discrimination based on a disability.

• Of course not.

Deafness does not make you a risk to be insured.

that would be discrimination - cant be done. they cannot load a premium for a medical condition - if you are not driving against medical advise, then it makes no difference.

Source(s): i work for an insurance broker