Please Help -Windows XP, My System is Dead?

Today morning when I am on my desktop, error comes on screen SYSTEM32/DRIVERS/PCI.SYS corrupt or missing and my system did not start.

When I restall the Windows XP SP2 from copyrighted CD

Setup is inspecting your computer hardware then blue screen comes of Windows Setup

Then massage is

File setupdd.sys Could not ne loaded

The Error code is 4

Setup can not continue, Press any key to exit.

I am change windows xp copywrited cdmassagessege is still comes

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Kunj
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

reinstall windows after formating

good luck

• 3 years ago

I had a similar concern take place to a gadget I even have, it replaced into very stressful, I fastened the priority yet how I fastened this concern ought to not paintings on a computing device. Howie I hate to seem cynical yet that's my suggesting, pass to a pawn keep and purchase you a small high quality hand gun, take your computing device and a few beers out interior the rustic with a number of your chum's and purpose prepare. What you will spend on a sparkling stressful stress you are going to be able to desire to boot in some greater greenbacks and get a sparkling computing device. sorry, yet i presumed this might ease the soreness. reliable success.

• Badsha
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

This means u does not have that particular file in the CD. u can do one thing just take another XP CD with different build no or may be same build no and then try installing it.

I hope this will be done....

• 1 decade ago

boot system from xp cd

then choose repair option

copy that file

or

Repari the previous version of xp

if u are unable to solve the problem then reinstall..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are two things in this situation first u check ur system hard drive sound. if u listen normal sound of ur Hard Drive then change ur system Compatible RAM. IF Ur System IBM then must be change RAM with IBM compatible RAM. check these things. it will be working properly re-install Windows XP SP2.

• 1 decade ago

Hi,

you are having the problem of hardware problem.

please check the link below

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330181

I have the same problem. Please remove all the computer parts clean it up and try to assemble again it may work. mostly the problem with the RAM.

• 1 decade ago

first try to compelte format HDD, then install a fresh winxp, if it does not solved and the blue screen apears repidly then certainly there is a problem with HDD, check if it gets any sound, or may be HDD has gotten bad sector, try HDD regenirator to repair the bad sector,

• 1 decade ago

Reformat your Hdd first..then reinstall xp. should work then..if no success there i would assume its prob a hardware error..prob ur hdd at that...but yes unlug all your extra usb toys...and such..u can add them back later...only thing pluged in should just be your keyboard and mouse when installing ur OS..

Source(s): b
  • 1 decade ago

try to use another original cd or use the cd of another os to format the drive(better if you format the whole computer)and try again

• 1 decade ago

Remove the RAM and clean it by Eraser.

insert RAM again and start installation

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.