Is the following examples considered emotional/psychological abuse?

After my parents divorced in the year 2000, I had lived with my mom for about 4 years in a duplex. My mom had a lot of emotional issues afterwords and I think showed signs of Bipolar disorder and Manic depression. Some nights (maybe once a month) she would even go as far as saying "Nobody loves me, I'm just gonna... show more After my parents divorced in the year 2000, I had lived with my mom for about 4 years in a duplex. My mom had a lot of emotional issues afterwords and I think showed signs of Bipolar disorder and Manic depression. Some nights (maybe once a month) she would even go as far as saying "Nobody loves me, I'm just gonna kill myself".. this would obviously upset me and my siblings and I can remember going to my room and literally being so mad and frustrated and upset that I would throw things like video game controllers etc.

I was also wondering if there was any ways to overcome the symptoms of emotional abuse that didn't involve counseling or medications..?
Update: I'm 19 now.
I only lived with my mom between 2000-2004 before I made a personal decision to move in with my dad.
I was 11-14 when I lived with her.