Does anyone remember John Kerry and the '04 election?

Now, I am not choosing sides here, especially since I do not care for either major party candidate, but this is not about me.

Some of you, many of you, could not even vote 4 years ago. Many of you that have expressed your love for Obama or McCain are still not eligible to vote, and 4 years ago your biggest concern probably involved the Halloween candy you had left over.

4 years ago, America prepared for change. Everyone was convinced we would soon have a new president, the polls were in his favor. John Kerry was the messiah, chosen by the press to lead the nation out of Iraq, to make the poor rich and tax the wealthy, heal the sick, etc.

Well, we see how that turned out, dont we?

So, do you think the same thing will happen this year, that W's grandpa will win, or will Jesus Obama pull out a surprise victory?

How bout it? Give me some good reasons also, not just "omg Obama 08, change lol". Serious, well thought out answers only please.

Favorite Answer

I remember it well. Kerry was my Senator and had already picked his replacement. The drapes were measured ...yet here he is still my Senator. I was able to vote 4 years ago. I did vote 4 years ago. I am voting for McCain this year. Obama has too many skeletons in his closet, not enough experience. I am not a fan of socialism and spreading the wealth. I think his health care plan would be a disaster based on the health care system in England, Canada, and Ireland.

Hey There Guy ... Kerry didn't want to be president, how do you figure? He had already picked out a replacement. He was measuring drapes and ready to move in. What exactly makes you think Obama "wants " to be President more than Kerry did and what does that have to do with people prematurely calling victory for Kerry just like they are now doing with Obama.

Source(s): McCain '08

I feel like the polls don't mean crap. I am pulling for Obama, but I was definitely in the Kerry boat in 2004. We did go through this same thing then, and still Bush got in. I think that people who did vote in the last election for Kerry who are supporting Obama this time are aware of that and are making sure to get people out there to vote. We can only wait and see....

The polls were most certainly not in Kerry's favor. I don't know where this myth comes from but it certainly is persistent.

From late August through to the election day Bush maintained a lead over Kerry in opinion polling - with the last month being remarkably indicative of the actual result.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Presidential_04/c...

well it was four years ago...we hadly have changed presidents during war..it was the height of the iraq war and bushes numbers were decent..plus the economy was shaky but for the most part solid..add to the fact that kerry did nothing to excite the independants..he also did little to excite the base to go out and get votes...

not to mention his campagin was an embassessment..he showed no heart or passion..

same thing with mcCain..die hard republicans were gonna vote for him..but there was no excitment..to get votes..thats where palin comes in..she excited and reguvenated his campaign..i personally would have liked to she his friend lierman ...democrat and indy..but he had to please the pro life base..which i think will cost this election..libermen would show his intent to work across the isle while obama picks long time democrat..biden..

but back to the point..palins right wing views some extrme turns independant voters off....thats what elections are about..getting people who dont form to one party...and getting excitement in your base...obamas camp has did both throguh organization

im voting for obama BUT im still preparing myself for the mcCain win..the republicans havent been in charge for past 30 yrs for nothing..they know how to win

The polls before the election did not favor Kerry. They favored Bush. The exit polls favored Kerry.

• Erika

The atrocities of 9-11-01 had no longer something to do with the conflict in Iraq.and how are you able to describe attacking Iraq for suspicion of having weapons of mass destruction,and not invade Iran whilst they kicked the inspectors out of their united states and thumbed their noses at us,besides,we did certainly no longer something with North Korea whilst they did extremely an analogous element as Iran and took it a step added via finding out a warhead.Our best mistake replace into no longer know-how and gaining knowledge of the individuals,custom and theory gadget that governs them.We only went over there with our pound bombs and all of our protection rigidity would desire to,thinking that we could be effective based on capability on my own,our cultural ameliorations and value gadget is like night and day.we would desire to continually provide careful discover ways to a difficulty before alluring.i'm no longer a left or appropriate winger for the checklist,i'm a smart voter,retired protection rigidity.in case you think of you be attentive to the protection rigidity,government,politics or notwithstanding based on analyzing the papers or watching the television,you're so out of touch with certainty,i'm no longer speaking you own,i'm conversing bearing directly to the plural you as a human beings.

Very much so, and just like then, they said Kerry would win Ohio, even the polls said it, and just look now.

Source(s): Anybody willing to listen to reason, please e-mail, send, tell and show everyone you know, my website, spread the word. My website recites countless, cringeful reasons, that are backed up with credible sources to prove why you should never vote for Obama, no matter if it's the presidency, or his relection in the U.S. senate after he loses. Thank you. http://www.freewebs.com/jlu51306/whynottobeforobam...

john kerry is a tool and so is obama. they just tell people what they want to hear

John Kerry was a f*n idiot...Bush was bad...but Kerry was something else...He let too much get to him and he DID NOT truly want to be President...Obama wants to be President.

Republicans have ran this country into the ground. What more reason is there.