Can Obama win the presidency without Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania?

Obama just lost Ohio, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbaukdiFGyg

"He hasn't lost anything. Those are just polls."

The video is a news report of Obama saying he will decimate the coal industry and Palin attacking him on it. He just lost three states.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

If he lost all of them it would be tough but not impossible. No one has won or lost a state yet however..

What exactly did he do to Joe the Plumber, Matt? Nothing. Joe is just a person who likes to hear himself talk. He was talking about a "business" that he doesn't even have. So he won't even be affected by the policies that Obama mentioned. >:(

Oh yeah, I'm watching the results right now... they're saying Ohio won PA and OH. hmmmm.... So I guess the question now is.... well never mind. So goes Ohio....

Source(s): Is Joe even registered to vote?

I was going to answer your question without looking at any details in saying that 'it would be tough.' But now that I see your details, Obama loses all 3 states if they are paying attention to what he said about the coal industry. And the argument that the coalworkers union endorsed him....please...all union operations blindly endorse Dems.

Personally though, I thought that Obama would lose Ohio and Pennsylvania because of what he was doing to Joe the plumber...that was despicable.

Source(s): I pay attention

Yes, he can loose all those. Virginia will go for Obama, as will Colorado. It looks like North Carolina will go for him as well. If he wins Florida and Virginia, it's game over for McCain regardless of Ohio, PA, and WV.

• wdx2bb

Assuming the January tape you cite would have an impact, if you give those three states to McCain on CNN's map, Obama would finish with 270 electoral votes.

So in answer to your question, yes he could.

He hasn't lost anything. Those are just polls.

Yes he can.

It won't matter, he won't even get California.