ENGLISH TOFFEE recipe please?

i have brown and white sugar,white vinegar,margarine....do i have the right ingredients....and how do i make it

Favorite Answer

EASY ENGLISH TOFFEE

1 c. pecans, chopped

3/4 c. brown sugar, packed

1/2 c. butter

1/2 c. chocolate chips

Sprinkle nuts on bottom of a buttered 9 inch square pan. Combine sugar and butter in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly for 7 minutes (be sure to stir constantly). Remove from heat and spread over nuts. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and cover pan so heat will melt chips. Spread chips once they are melted. Refrigerate to harden. Break into pieces when hard.

OR

ENGLISH TOFFEE BARS

15 graham crackers (2 1/2" x 2 1/2")

1 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1 c. butter (do not substitute)

1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips (I use Nestle's milk chocolate)

1/4 c. chopped nuts (do not omit)

In a foil-lined 13"x9" cake pan (grease the foil with butter), arrange the graham crackers. Entire bottom of pan must be covered with graham crackers, you might have to break to make an even fit.

In medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar and butter and bring to a boil. Remove from heat, pour over graham crackers. Bake in 400 degree oven for 5 minutes. Remove and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips and as soon as the chips are soft, spread over the top of the cracker crust. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill at least 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Break into pieces of all shapes and sizes (like English toffee candy). Store in refrigerator. These freeze nicely. Yield: at least 24 bits and pieces.

OR

ENGLISH TOFFEE

1 1/2 c. sugar

1/2 lb. butter

1 tbsp. white Karo

3 tbsp. water

Cook to crack, 300 degrees. 1 c. blanched toasted almonds (fine) 3/4 lg. Hershey bar, 1 side 3/4 lg. Hershey bar, other side

When candy reaches crack stage remove from heat and stir in coarse nuts. Pour into aluminum foil lined pan (approximately 9 x 14 inch). When cool enough to remove melt one of Hershey bars; spread on one side, sprinkle 1/2 fine nuts. Refrigerate until chocolate sets. Then repeat on other side. Cut with sharp knife or gently tap with mallet.

OR

OLD ENGLISH TOFFEE

1/2 c. butter

2 c. sugar

1/2 lb. dipping chocolate

1/2 lb. blanched almonds, split

1/4 lb. salted almonds, chopped

Melt butter in skillet, add sugar and stir until melted and rich brown in color. Add the split almonds and continue to cook until almonds are cooked through. Pour mixture into buttered pan. Cool and when almost hard loosen the edges and turn over so that the flat surface is on top. Cool. Melt chocolate over warm water and coat the top surface with the chocolate. Sprinkle with chopped salted nuts

JM

• amada

http://www.cookingforengineers.com/recipe/159/Engl...

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,english_toff...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/engl...

Use one of the recipes above. I am happy you feel good , healthy and cheerful to cook.

EDIT

I had just wondered how you are. Sorry to have disturbed you, as I see you blocked me. I meant no harm. If you are concerned about intruders , just close your Q/A to anyone.

I live so far away from you ( somewhere in the Middle East ) that I can never find and disturb you. You are young enough to be my daughter, and I was just concerned.

I don't get mail or send mail to anyone and my Q/A is closed too, so the only way to reach you and see if you were all right was to see if you had questions.

Good bye girl,

Take care.

• Evieve

2 cups of white sugar

2 tbsp water

2tbsp vinegar

1tbsp butter (marge is ok)

heat on stove (don't let it get too hot) for about half and hour until it crackles when you put a drop in cold water

put in patty pans or similar and put in fridge