Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

has God gave us the freedom of religion? im confused...?

ok, has God given us the freedom of having another religion? wont He tolerate it? is it okay for Him when a christian transfers a religion or becomes an atheist? im soo confused. is it okay for Him that some people belive in nothing at all?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

He is VERY clear about this in the Old Testement.

He blesses those whom serve him, but curses those who turn away from him.

Especially bowing down to an idol. The Lord's anger will burn against you.

Try the book of Judges. Jews had to kill many people to purge the evil around them.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Well I Personally Would Suggest To You Whether You Want To Be A Muslim Or Leave Islam,You Should Wait Some While,Don't Take Decisions Which You Will Regret Your Whole Life,You Are Only 14,When We Were 14,We Used To Do Stupid Things,Childish Things Which We Would Laugh When We Look Back,But If You Are That Serious About It,Then I Suggest Another Thing For You And That Is Read About Islam,Read About Other Religions And See What's Good In Them And What's Not,Not Wearing A Scarf,Boyfriends,Clubbing Are Hardly Any Reason To Leave A Religion Whether Its Christianity,Judaism Or Islam

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, unfortunately, the christian bible's god is one that believes that people of any other religion should be burnt as an offering. Of course, christians have made "new" bibles to show that they have "changed" and found the "error" and "cruelty". Within the religion, if you don't believe in the religion, you go to hell. However, if you're in another religion, it probably shouldn't even concern you what the belief is. For anybody that says I'm wrong about the burnt sacrifice of a non-believer part, take this.

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

• 1 decade ago

No, God has NOT given us freedom of religion! He founded one Church for all mankind, and plainly stated His divine will that it remain ONE. He said the truth would set us free. How then could He also approve a system of thousands of manmade denominations that conflict with one another on every doctrinal issue? Truth cannot conflict with truth. Therefore conflicting beliefs necessarily mean false beliefs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God has given us the freedom of choice. Choosing other gods, no God, other religions over Him is wrong. But thats your choice. Freedom of religion is part of the choice thing. Get it kinda???

• 1 decade ago

Yes, god gave us the ability to choose right from wrong, including the ability to choose the religion we want to believe in. That doesn't mean god necessarily agrees that all religions are good, just as I'm sure he doesn't agree that our ability to kill means that we should. It just means that he gave us the freedom and the tools necessary to know right from wrong. He expects us to lead a certain life, yet that doesn't mean he forces us to do so. Same with our beliefs in him.

• 1 decade ago

One of the most eventful of all the evening conferences at Amathus was the session having to do with the discussion of spiritual unity. James Zebedee had asked, "Master, how shall we learn to see alike and thereby enjoy more harmony among ourselves?" When Jesus heard this question, he was stirred within his spirit, so much so that he replied: "James, James, when did I teach you that you should all see alike? I have come into the world to proclaim spiritual liberty to the end that mortals may be empowered to live individual lives of originality and freedom before God. I do not desire that social harmony and fraternal peace shall be purchased by the sacrifice of free personality and spiritual originality. What I require of you, my apostles, is spirit unity--and that you can experience in the joy of your united dedication to the wholehearted doing of the will of my Father in heaven. You do not have to see alike or feel alike or even think alike in order spiritually to be alike. Spiritual unity is derived from the consciousness that each of you is indwelt, and increasingly dominated, by the spirit gift of the heavenly Father. Your apostolic harmony must grow out of the fact that the spirit hope of each of you is identical in origin, nature, and destiny.

• 1 decade ago

Depends on who you ask. Practically every Christian will tell you "NO!" Personally, I don't think God gives a crap what religion you are. But why would God want you to say that you believe in him, when you really don't? It's just lying to yourself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No! we only have free choice, but if we accept the Lord's will, he will direct our feet, Some are also given the spirit of slumber until his good time of grace and mercy, before the judgment.

• 1 decade ago

The bible is clear. Thou shalt have NO other gods besides ME.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.