why the Kurds don't like the Turks?

Plz dont answer if u dont know any thing about this issue...!!!!

Favorite Answer

For the sake of accuracy, the majority of Kurds are Turkish nationals.

The Kurds are the people referred to in the Bible as the Medes. Their language is closely related to Farsi, it's an Indo-Persian language. They were in western Turkey long before the Turks arrived from what is now western China (Sinkiang).

In the Treaty of Sèvres a Kurdistan was created, which was cancelled by the Treaty of Lausanne. The area was divided up between Turkey, Iran, what is now Iraq and Syria.

This forced the Kurds to change their way of life, since many of them were accustomed to take their goats and sheep into the mountains during the hot summers, regardless of the borders imposed by this treaty.

Kurds are the largest group in the world which does not have its own country.

After Ataturk founded the Republic of Turkey, 'separatism' became a crime. The Turkish Kurds were Turks. Kurdish was erroneously said to be a primitive Turkish dialect and Kurds became known as 'mountain Turks.'

Until 1965, it was almost impossible for foreigners to visit Kurdish areas in Turkey.

Kurdish is still regarded with suspicion and is not taught in schools.

Every Turk has to say 'Happy is he who can call himself of Turk.'

The conflict arising from the founding of the PKK (Partiye Karkaren Kurdistan - or Kurdish Workers' Party) in the 70s led to reprisals and the beginning of armed conflict.

Kurdish children as young as 9 i, who just whispered Kurdish to their neighbour in school were investigated on suspicion of separatism.

There were massacres - for example in 1978 when 2000 Kurds, including women and children were killed by the Turkish military.

Many Turkish Kurds don't particularly want an independent Kurdistan, but they do want equality, investment in the east of the country and that persecution ceases.

On a personal level, you can't go through life looking over your shoulder.

In the early 90s I was in a Tea Garden. The proprietors were playing Kurdish music when the armoured car drove passed. They changed the cassette, but the car came back and drove round the tea garden.

In 1995, at a check-in at Istanbul airport with my Kurdish step-son, the Policeman asked the woman in front of us how many suitcases she had. She looked at my son and said 'Daha,' which I gathered to be Farsi for ten. My son went white and said to me in German, 'Why is she speaking to me in my mother tongue?' I looked straight at the policeman and said, 'On,' which is Turkish for ten.

This is repression on a grand scale. I remember reading a book about climbing in the mountains of eastern Turkey written by a female climber from England. She wrote: 'Now that the Turks have DOMESTICATED the Kurds, the most dangerous thing in eastern Turkey is the Syrian brown bear.'

I can recommend a book written by Michael M. Gunter - The Kurds in Turkey - A Political Dilemma - published by Westview Press Inc. 1990 ISBN 0-8133-8120-7

The Kurds have wanted to have an independant state since the end of the First World War, yet the Turks have stopped them. Every single time. A Kurdish insurgency has erupting in the South East of the country bordering Iraq and Iran in an attempt to create a Kurdish Nation

The Kurds who live on the border between Iraq and Turkey want their own country.

• fullon

Jade and Blaze gave you the reply. You might also spot them from their accessory, they talk Turkish in a guttural manner, as whether it is Arabic or Persian. Yes it's precise they've a darker complexion.