promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Troasa
Lv 7
Troasa asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What will American reaction be if Republicans win in 2008 by voter fraud as they did in 2004 and 2000?

Update:

Proof abounds. Try reading a political book that does not contain the word 'strategery' and you will learn something about the past two elections.

Update 2:

As Secretary of State for the State of Florida, Katherine Harris was a central figure in the contested 2000 US presidential election in Florida. There were allegations of conflicts of interest and partisan and unethical behavior during the 2000 campaign. Harris had been named as Bush's Florida campaign co-chair the year before.

Harris had influenced the outcome of the election before November by conducting a very wide search for matches of felons' names with those of registered voters. Florida hired an independent company to do this. When company officials pointed out that the criteria used was likely to result in removing a certain number of qualified voters, Harris answered that the intent was to do a wide sweep. Laws allow some felons to vote after doing their time, while others are disqualified.

Update 3:

Evidence is clear that Harris used criteria wider than that allowed by Florida law to keep some qualifying felons from voting. Felons who regain the right to vote tend to vote about 90% Democratic, and Harris later reinstated some of those disqualified in the 2000 election. She improperly removed about 4,000 qualified voters.

Harris certified that the Republican candidate, then-Texas Governor George W. Bush, had defeated the Democratic candidate, then-Vice President Al Gore, in the popular vote of Florida and thus certified the Republican slate of electors. Despite the fact that the margin separating Bush from Gore was only a few hundred votes, with thousands of votes remaining to be counted, Harris ordered a halt to the count, freezing Bush's small margin in place. Her ruling was challenged and overturned on appeal by Florida's Supreme Court; this decision, however, was itself reversed by the U.S. Supreme Court in Bush v. Gore.

Update 4:

That Court ruled (5-4) that Gore's request to extend Florida's statutory deadline for ballot re-counts had no merit because no Florida law at the time provided for that option. This decision had the effect of leaving thousands of Florida voters without having their votes counted, especially those who voted on the "butterfly ballot" - a ballot whose design violated Florida law - yet the Supreme Court chose not to give those voters a remedy. Both Florida state and federal law permit officials wide discretion in doing whatever it needed to permit voters to vote in such a way that their votes can easily be read and counted. This ruling nullified the state court's decision, upholding Harris' certification. The decision foreclosed any further court challenges by Gore and resulted in Bush's margin of victory in Florida being officially tallied at 537 votes. Therefore, Florida's electoral votes — and the Presidency - went to Bush.

Update 5:

Bugliosi, Vincent (2001). The Betrayal of America: How the Supreme Court Undermined the Constitution and Chose Our President.

Update 6:

Dougherty, John E. (2001). Election 2000: How the Military Vote Was Suppressed.

Update 7:

Moore, David W. (2006). How to Steal an Election: The Inside Story of How George Bush's Brother and FOX Network Miscalled the 2000 Election and Changed the Course of History.

Update 8:

Palast, Greg (2002). The Best Democracy Money Can Buy.

Update 9:

There was that strange disappearance of about 10,000 votes for Al Gore in Volusia County on election night totals. Reports of missing ballot boxes turning up, others opened with ballots strewn across the floor.Reports of state police intimidating Black voters, of absentee voters being mailed two ballots, of a large number of absentee ballots all with the same return address, the city zoo. At least one precinct was reported closed encompassing the area around the University of Florida. Of wrongly marked ballots and doubled punched ballots and of voters being refused a new ballot when they made a mistake. Additional reports surfaced of polls closing with voters still in line, others of polls opening late for lack of ballots and still other polls running out of ballots. Others of voters being mistakenly removed from the rolls because their names were similar to ex-felons or because of a change in address that could not be verified because of a shortage of staff and of Black motor voters

Update 10:

Over 19,000 ballots in heavily Democratic Palm Beach County were thrown out.

Update 11:

Exit polls by 11:00 AM Pacific Standard Time that Gore was leading Bush by 3 to 1 in three of the largest population centers in Florida.

Update 14:

Let us not forget that the powers who killed the Kennedys and Martin Luther King have not faded away. Only those who forget the past are forced to relive it. On May 9, 2007 W declared dictatorial powers which he could evoke over the US at any time.

As much proof of fraud exists in 2004 Ohio as 2000 Florida. Wake up America. Calling yourself a Republican does not spare you from losing your freedoms.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu86i9w9Jl0...

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0geu9OF.A9J36...

If you need more proof than this, there is no hope for you or your country.

49 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Very good question. I don't think it would "stick" this time. I would hope that after 8 years worth of a clown running (and I use the word RUNNING loosely) the country into the ground we as Americans would not stand for it anymore. And that is why this election is going to be a landslide. It is truly historic. I can't remember the last time polling places were worried about the volume of voters! LANDSLIDE.

George W is a criminal! He should be in prison.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

All efforts to prove the 2000 election were rigged have failed. ALL OF THEM. There is no indication that anything shady took place in 2004. In 2008, ACORN (the same one that received a contribution of almost a million dollars from the Obama campaign, is under investigation in over 12 states for voter fraud.

What I want to know is when the Democrats will say something about the election fraud that took place in 1992 and 1996.

• 1 decade ago

I can't believe this question. All the voter registration fraud by Obama's friends at Acorn has been all over the news! The reaction if Obama wins by all the fraud that's going on will be just as loud. The only fraud in 2000 and 2004 were by democrats. The most un-american of which was not wanting to count the ballots of the military sent from their combat zones!!!!!!!! Republicans want every legal vote counted by every legal citizen of every legal party.Democrats want Mickey Mouse votes counted, votes by illegal aliens. Democrats urge their people to vote early and vote often in as many states as any one person can get to. Who cares if they are residents or not.

• 1 decade ago

The main stream media has all but proclaimed Obama the victor. Obama has out spend McCain three to one. Media coverage of Obama is overwhelming positive. Yet there are some Obama supporters who are afraid it might to win.

Maybe all those people who voted early are having second thoughts about voting for someone who pals around with terrorists, listens to a hate mongering preacher, who wants to spread the wealth around and destroy capitalism are having second thoughts.

I don't understand that whenever a Democrat looses an election it's because of voter fraud. Could to be possible that they just can't get enough people to agree with them?

What I can't wait to see is how groups like ACORN are going to explain a 110 percent voter turn out in the districts that they canvased.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

probably the same as it was those two years

just a laid back diluted protest that will mostly include changing the channel.

I think we where given the right to bear arms just for this reason

"The Second Amendment of the United States has also been viewed by many private Americans, including those who are part of the modern militia movement as providing a means for resisting governmental tyranny, also known as the "insurrectionary theory of the Second Amendment". "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_keep_and_bea...

• 1 decade ago

Hi:

I've been giving that very question some thought. I would like to think that if ELECTION fraud is suspected, several things will happen:

1) The army of lawyers that are in Sen. Obama's camp are prepared to file suit in the courts.

2) Sen. Obama will take his case to the American people. And I can assure you he will NOT behave like John Kerry or Al Gore did in their campaigns. Letting the Republicans run roughshod over him.

3) Finally, the American people will NOT be silent this time. We'll take our case to the streets in PEACEFUL protest. Not violent conflict.

If our vote gets stolen, we will demand that we get it back. And this time, we'll go to our congress people and DEMAND an investigation. We'll take our case to the media and DEMAND that they cover the story. They'll be NO RIOTS. Just peaceful, law-abiding assembly.

We'll march on Washington. We'll march in the streets. But we'll march; in mass numbers that have not been seen since the Civil Rights movement of the 60's. It won't be riots. We're too smart for that. That's what the Republicans want. We want democracy and justice. Thank you for your question and please VOTE Tuesday. We just need to vote in large numbers. That way we won't need to protest in large numbers. I'm very hopeful about the outcome Tuesday. I'm voting for CHANGE. Take Care. :-)

• 1 decade ago

Oh stop whining already. Bush won both elections, for real. It's been investigated and ruled by the Supreme Court. God willing, McCain will be our next President, because he is the best candidate for the job for many reasons, but then I'll have to listen to this lame whining for another 4 years.

Vote Responsibly, vote McCain/Palin!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why can't the Democrats win by voter fraud

Aren't Democrats suppose to be smarter than Republicans

• 1 decade ago

Well, there was no voter fraud. Did ALL of the stupid court cases and investigations reveal any of that??? Just like a free-loading De., they loose and want to blame it on cheating. Cannot admit their candidate was not the best for the country. BTW- would you support Hussein if he were not black?

WHEN the Reps. win, America will win!!!

God Bless America.

• Cinner
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Voter fraud? You mean like Obama's ACORN group? IF there is fraud it will be from the left just like it always is. Voter fraud in 2000 and 2004 was once again from the left. They lost anyway!!!!!

To Ms X: On your way out, if you can help it: Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.