can I build credit at rent a center?

I currently have no credit, If I make payments at rent a center for a tv or something, will that make me have good credit?

Favorite Answer

Go to your bank, ask for a secured credit card. You put in$$$ the limit is $$$ whatever you put in. You are borrowing your own money, but it counts toward your credit, just like a regular card does. and a great way to build. After a year or two, the bank will usually offer to buy it, and offer it as regular credit card.

Not talking about a card you pay $50, $100 for and use it until it's gone. Talking about a secured card, you make payments, plus deposit whatever you want to increase it's limit to whatever you want, whenever you want. Just be sure to make monthly payments on time.

No. Rent centers don't report on-time payments and credit history to the credit agencies. They'll only report late-payments, etc.

A better solution to building credit is to apply for a credit card online and to keep payoff the balance monthly. This helps to build a responsible payment history.

• Buffy

For Credit and finance solutions I recommend this website where you can find all the solutions. http://INSURANCEANDFINANCETIPS.INFO/index.html?src...

RE :Can I build credit at rent a center?

1 following 6 answers

Source(s): For Credit and finance solutions I recommend this website where you can find all the solutions. http://INSURANCEANDFINANCETIPS.INFO/index.html?src...

Most of the rent-a-center's or aaron's rentals do not report to credit bureaus so they will do nothing for your credit. Try Kay Jewelers, I got my first credit card from them.

No. Only repaying borrowed money (loans or credit card bills) will build credit. When you rent something, failing to pay hurts your credit, but paying does not help your credit.

They are not giving you credit for anything, so, no.

Get a credit card, or a bank loan.

i would suggest going to buy something that blockbuster and getting a block buster credit card. try buying something thats not over $200. make sure you can make your payments how ever much the payment is. and be sure to make your payments on time. good luck

Nope- thats just plain stupid. Get a real credit card. Start out with a prepaid or sumthin and then move your way up.