I do not have a 10 inch tube pan for cooking Angel Food Cake. What do I use?

I have been thinking about making an Angel Food Cake from a book called Cooking by James Peterson on page 424. It calls for a 10 inch tube pan, which I don't have. Could I just use a different pan? What do you suggest?

Here's another question. Are these ingredients right?

15 egg whites (2 cups)

1 Teaspoon cream of tartar

1 cup of sugar

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 1/4 cups cake flour

(Cook at 350*F and bake for 40 minutes)

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Pam L
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

If you do not have a tube pan or a bundt pan, you can use loaf pans. I have had very good results using them. A regular cake pan sometimes will not let the cake cook through in the middle without burning the edges.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I do not have a 10 inch tube pan for cooking Angel Food Cake. What do I use?

I have been thinking about making an Angel Food Cake from a book called Cooking by James Peterson on page 424. It calls for a 10 inch tube pan, which I don't have. Could I just use a different pan? What do you suggest?

Here's another question. Are these ingredients right?

15 egg whites (2...

Source(s): 10 tube pan cooking angel food cake use: https://biturl.im/xDM0b
  • boyes
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

10 Inch Tube Pan

• 3 years ago

10 Tube Pan

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have used a 13 x 9 inch casserole dish before and regular cake pans to bake angel food cake. There is no difference in taste and texture.

I actually prefer using regular cake pans that way I can do separate layers and not have to slice my cake horizontally to make layers when making my strawberry short cake.

The recipe sounds reasonably correct. That seems like a lot of egg whites, but most recipes have 12 egg whites, so that's just a couple of more.

• 1 decade ago

Use a bunt pan if you have it. Normally angel food cake has to sit upside down while it cools so it doesn't colapse on it's self so you want a pan that can balance ontop of something without flattening the top of the cake.

If your recipe doesn't call for the cake to be held upside down you can use any pan you wish.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

bunt pan is good You can always spring-form or deep round pan . If want the hole in the middle like the tube pan you can grease tin can or heat-proof glass put in the center of the pan pour angel food mix around it/ after baked use a butter knife to loose it from center.

• 1 decade ago

If you can find a very deep pan, put an empty tin can (open side down) in the middle of the pan. Or bake in two loaf pans.

• Jamie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/hnZ9o

you can use any pan. Just watch for the color for when it is ready. Ive used angel food cake as a sheet cake.

• 1 decade ago

A bundt cake pan would work.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.