What is the cheapest and most efficient way to create an e-commerce website?

I am looking at creating an e-commerce furniture website online and need help in figuring out the cheapest way to do that.

Favorite Answer

I can get one up for you pretty inexpensively. I build websites. I can use the service www.homestead.com. I've used them several times over the years. I can also build a store cheaply for you depending on how many items you are looking to sell. If you are going to sell a lot, then an ecommerce package would become neccessary for store management. Just email me and let me know. I can have you up and running pretty quickly. You can choose to maitenance it yourself after I build it or I can maitenance it for you. I can make it as simple as possible for you.

I think is wordpress, is a blog but you can create great websites with it.

And because is a blog they get indexed fairly quick.

I am talking as wordpress as stand alone solution.

You need a domain name.

hosting account with cpanel that support fantastico, once installed you install wordpress under the domain you choose, and then search google for wordpress free themes, plugins etc, and you can build very good websites.

At least what i like:

I have some videos in youtube that if you like you can watch:

http://www.youtube.com/user/webdesignerbay

that is my channel.

have a look at it

good luck.

P.S. this is a very cheap way to do, but the results are very professional

Homestead.com is a good website. I chose that one to run my business wesbite on. It's only 4.99/ month. You choose your own website domain name like www.whateveryouwant.com and they do not charge you for a domain too! They are a multi-business site designer. Set up an account and your first month is free. After that $4.99/ month charged to your credit card. You can design your site on your own or I believe if you contact the phone number they have listed for their customer service they can design it for you to have a store operating on it. Plus you have hosting options from them as well so your site can be found on the major search engines. I have had good luck with them and no issues with monthly billing etc! Because of them I have had success in getting clients and not costing so much either! Plus their customer service is always there and available as well as very knowledgeable. You don't spend much time waiting on the phone for someone to answer your call. You want that for these types of things. You also get free copy rights and design noted with your name on your website pages too. Most other website designers don't provide that.

Here is the thing, other hosting companies will try to trick you on your domain address saying they are in association with this company trying to provide you hosting.Most hosting companies will do that no matter who you go with. Stick with your website design provider in all those options. Don't go with a 2nd party because it will be confusing and more expensive.

Hope I helped. Good luck!!!

Here if you want a basic idea of how it's done check out my website from homestead:

http://www.pawsionatecompanions.org

you can get a free web page builder site that also offers hosting like geocities and site88.net or 000webhost.com. if you're creative enough you can design your own website and publish it free. you don't even have to know anything about programming. if you want to have your own domain name (personalized registered website name, geocities offers about 12 usd per month only.

go to yahoo!pagebuilder or the above mentioned sites.

if u are gonna code it form scratch... it is gonna be huge.... that is why u should have gud knowledge of core php, jquery, mysql, html, css. after that go with one of the given option to build the e eCommerce website. 1. wordpress + wp eCommerse 2. joomla + virtue mart 3. zencart 4. magento 5. opencart

Check out homestead.com and their standard $10 per month ecommerce do-it-yourself website.

Good luck!