Do online dating sites really work or are most of them just spam?

Ok, I'm a 21 yr old male in the army. I've been single for a long time now and it's really getting old. Picking up the women isn't the problem but the women I only run across are not exactly the "dating type". I'm basically looking for a women who actually wants a relationship or is willing to consider one down the road and who supports the military. know there are a lot of online dating sites and have checked some of them out. Some of them look more like spam sites and some have outrageous prices. Im looking for a real dating site that actually works for cheap or free if there is one. Also I prefer not to pay with a credit card. I closed my credit card accounts because of the way the credit market is. I Pay with cash and check.

Favorite Answer

Have you tried Lavalife or Plenty of Fish?? Those two seem to be like good sites for sure!! I met my husband on a hella shallow site called rate my body ..we were both on there for entertainment reasons only ..all my info was false but once we got talking I realized how amazing he was and now 3 years later I moved from Canada to Australia to start a life with him and we've been married a year and a half :) so i am a full supporter of the cyber world! good luck!! hope you find a good girl like me haha

Dating

I must say I am also skeptical of the completely free dating sites. Have made some good experiences with a managed site called DatingWalk.com

In my experience with dating sites, it's a matter of 'you get what you pay for'. The free ones are full of loonies and probably similar kinds of girls that you already fun across. Chemistry.com and Match.com were okay, but I had the best luck on eHarmony. I actually met my boyfriend - who's in the Navy - there. Also, if you don't want to use a credit card, I think you can use PayPal for some of them. Hope that helps. :)

You do have to be careful with the sites you choose to sign up for. If you want to go with a pay site, it's best to stick with the big ones (match.com, eharmony.com). If you want a free site, I suggest trying http://www.findonetrue.com./ It's a new site but it has a lot of features and the members are genuine.

If I were you, I would use Craigslist because it is free. You'll have just as much success IMO compared to a site where you pay. Goodluck...

You should try http://wwwsinglesnet.info/

It is 100% free, and it is a great site.

Thanks for serving our Country!