Hunting records-Is there a record book?

My father-in-law recently went on a hunting trip to South Africa and killed a record breaking leopard in Namibia (weighing 82 kg ans 2.2 meters long). We have a picture of him with his leopard and i would like to frame it or shadow box it for him for Christmas. I would also to have it engraved but do not know the official "hunting record lingo" to use. Where can I go to see the official language of the record that he broke? Or are there any hunting experts with suggestions as to what might be special for him. There is an article but in Africaan that I could put in the shadow box. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

Safari Club International keeps a record book of animals harvested world wide. You would have to check with them to see what they need to qualify your father-in-law's animal as an official record.

Source(s): 10+yrs hunter/bowhunter ed instructor 35+yrs hunting experience

I believe there's Boone and Crockett for north america, but I'm not sure if that covers africa or not.