Is there anything else that I need to know before approaching a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc?

I am currently in my third year at college. During my freshman year I was able to maintain a GPA of 3.4 while keeping leadership positions in clubs on campus. I also applied for the Resident Assistant position, and that summer it was granted to me.

During my Sophomore year, (in fact the 3rd month) I lost my rock - My Grandmother. She was very ill, but her death took the ultimate toll on me. I lost my will to keep up with my school work and my GPA suffered. I took it upon myself to step away from the distractions of the over involvement in extracurriculars and focus on my academics.

I am now in my 3rd year...and midterms have passed. So far I am excelling in all of my courses. I am sure that my GPA will improve. I am now easing my way back into my involvement in Campus activities, and programs.

I have always been interested in Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated... but it wasn't until my second year that I realized how important it was to do research. For the past year I have been trying to learn and remember as much as I can about the sorority and the chapter on campus. I know the members on campus (and they know me). I have been to an Informational and numerous programs, but I have not made an individual effort to express my interest one-on-one. My biggest fear is not knowing enough when approaching them (even though i've studied so much).

I believe that anything worth having is worth working for. And I am willing to handle whatever is given to me as best as I can. I have also been passionate about community service for as long as i can remember (especially when it comes to helping our younger generation). I truly want to be able to better serve the community and promote academic achievement through the ties of this sorority. I have never been interested in any other.

To sum up my point & Question. I would like to know if there is anything that an interest would need to know before approaching a member, other than the history of the org. and the chapter, and the founders, and the Greek Alphabet??? And based on my brief story does it seem like I have a chance? Or am I thinking waaayy to hard about it all, and I should just go for it?!

((All Comments are Greatly Appreciated, and I hope this post can help someone else one day =~] ))

Favorite Answer

= ] i wanna pledge for the Deltas too

(im onlhy a jr. in hs)

but im gonna become a Delta GEM

umm i would just say do a lot of community service and be open to trying new SAFE things

• sarber

i'm a girl of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, integrated, advising you that once you're uncertain approximately which of the two businesses you ought to pass with (through the way, AKA chooses you; you do not decide on AKA), then you definately ought to pass DST. the 1st and maximum properly known comprehend there is not any different company. Plus, it seems such as you have been initially basing your determination on your loved ones's historical past, not your guy or woman stories. Now which you have found out approximately the two and have regarded traits which you very own that are in basic terms like the girls of DST, your determination has been made. AKA and DST have slightly bit a shared historical past (we will not pass into that!), and as a result you will discover a lot of a similar traits and characteristics in the two. nevertheless, you sound like a Delta to me! :) reliable success!!

1) When you're in line, you're going to get hazed...

2) As long as you can afford membership dues, you should be qualified.

3) Isn't there a certain time (the rush I think it's called) when you're supposed to officially try to join?

I don't know that much about sororities, but I don't think they would function too different from the frats.

Peace

Just be yourself.

No need to join any wanky mobs, whilst you are at Uni