Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesFord · 1 decade ago

How do i reset the antitheft device on a 02 ford taurus? ?

A friend of mine locked her keys in her car last night. To help her out I tried to manually open the door using a coathanger. To make a long story short, she was finally able to get into her car but it wouldnt crank because we had tried to break in her car. She lost the owners manual so that is not an option. Does anyone know of a way to reset this device so that her car will run?

Favorite Answer

Disconnect the battery and wait 5 mins and reconnect it then it should start, The saved memory drains from the computer, after you hook it up in reinstalls all back to the default settings, just about like the computer your on now,, the same principle, I Did road side assistance calls for a year in Las Vegas and I found out all on my own,, it will work this way I promise ,

this is obtainable the strut "mounts" were no longer replaced as it truly is the right of the strut assembly which regularly receives re-used. you need to ask your mechanic if those were replaced, if no longer then they're those making the clunking noise as there's a rubber insulator that wears out. I nevertheless anticipate your automobile is a the front wheel force and also you're speaking about having replaced the "rear" struts, appropriate? There are not any "rear" axles on the rear, till you've a 4-wheel force automobile. desire this facilitates.

try opening the passenger door with the key,or try the trunk,open close

what happen is you probably short the wire that control the alarm,so by using the passenger door you could turn of the alarm,unless you try to jimmy this door too..

if it doest work,tow it to a shop and let them know what happen so they don't waste there time diagnosing it

Source(s): tired tech

Call a tow truck and bring it to an auto shop, I believe it requires going into the electric equipment via the hood. Which is never a good idea if you don't know what your doing.

usually unless it has a aftermarket (dealer or aftermarket installed kit) , the vehicle will at most bonk the horn and that will shut off when you turn the key on.. disconnect the battery and see if that fixes it, if not you have other issues, and my guess requires to figure out if a aftermarket alarm is involved

try to take the CABLE off the batter for about 1 min that shoulde do it

Source(s): a friend of mine had the prbolem to