Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Why does America support Israel so much?

Favorite Answer

"freedom" from Yahoo! Answers did a search and found a list of dual US/Israeli citizenship in our government. This may help one understand why there is so much interest and support for Israel: It's a second home to many of our top elected officials and their appointees. I have not had a chance to verify the whole list, but many of them check-out as maintaining Dual Citizenship.

Interesting list: people with dual Israeli/US citizenship

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2008/06/30/interes...

Dual Citizenship -- Loyal to Whom?

http://www.viewzone.com/dualcitizen.html

---

Attorney General - Michael Mukasey

Head of Homeland Security - Michael Chertoff

Chairman Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Richard Perle

Deputy Defense Secretary (Former) - Paul Wolfowitz

Under Secretary of Defense - Douglas Feith

National Security Council Advisor - Elliott Abrams

Vice President Dick Cheney’s Chief of Staff (Former) - “Scooter” Libby

White House Deputy Chief of Staff - Joshua Bolten

Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs - Marc Grossman

Director of Policy Planning at the State Department - Richard Haass

U.S. Trade Representative (Cabinet-level Position) - Robert Zoellick

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - James Schlesinger

UN Representative (Former) - John Bolton

Under Secretary for Arms Control - David Wurmser

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Eliot Cohen

Senior Advisor to the President - Steve Goldsmith

Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary - Christopher Gersten

Assistant Secretary of State - Lincoln Bloomfield

Deputy Assistant to the President - Jay Lefkowitz

White House Political Director - Ken Melman

National Security Study Group - Edward Luttwak

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Kenneth Adelman

Defense Intelligence Agency Analyst (Former) - Lawrence (Larry) Franklin

National Security Council Advisor - Robert Satloff

President Export-Import Bank U.S. - Mel Sembler

Deputy Assistant Secretary, Administration for Children and Families - Christopher Gersten

Assistant Secretary of Housing and Urban Development for Public Affairs

- Mark Weinberger

White House Speechwriter - David Frum

White House Spokesman (Former) - Ari Fleischer

Pentagon’s Defense Policy Board - Henry Kissinger

Deputy Secretary of Commerce - Samuel Bodman

Under Secretary of State for Management - Bonnie Cohen

Director of Foreign Service Institute - Ruth Davis

Why are so many neo liberals in this administration and in our government dual citizens?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aln8m...

EDIT: 11-2-08

"Political I": I do the best I can as I'm sure you do. Sorry if I may have inadvertently stepped on your toes, but I try to tell it as I see it and then let the cards fall as they will. Please, let me know which in the list, if any, DO NOT have dual citizenship, so I can remove them from the list. Thanks.

"freedom": I don't think "Political I" is deliberately being a "disinfo agent". He probably just has a soft spot for Israel and would like to help her, even if it means lying. I couldn't believe how big the list is: It wouldn't be too difficult to mislead others into thinking that it's not real. Thanks for digging it up and for your wise words and advise.

Yes , Israel is exact to God we're all Special however you get what i imply . Obama is making alterations for you to harm America in the end which is gloomy to realize that our long run is at stake however I am a True believer that Christ will go back earlier than Anything Happend to Israel Because they're Gods Choosen People Dont Belevie Everthing Obama Tells You Beieve On The Lord Jesus Christ And He Shall Save You.

Lfeata, you're right. What's the point of questioning anything? In fact, I know a really easy way to give yourself a frontal lobotomy with a coat hanger. Wanna hear it?

Answer: because America is now almost completely controlled by the same central bankers and globalists who created and control Israel.

I'm talking about the people who run the WTO, IMF, World Bank, Bilderberg Group, Trilateral Commission etc... and locally, (here in the US) the Federal Reserve and Council on Foreign Relations. It's all part of the same globalist hierarchy.

Soon they will basically run the world economy, through their "new financial order" (global banking system).

Have fun!

There are different groups in the United States that support Israel for different reasons. Evangelicals support Israel for religious reasons, because it is their belief that the Holy Land was given to the Jews and their return to Israel is required for the second coming of Jesus.

Jewish Americans support Israel because of a sense of kinship and/or religious reasons.

Non-religious supporters of Israel see it as the most western, democratic country in the Middle East and as having similar values as the United States, and thus see it as a reliable ally.

Many people support Israel for a mixture of these reasons.

Joe Pardy: That is a list of Jewish Americans, not a list of dual Israeli-American citizens. Your ignorance is unbelievable.

EDIT:

*freedom*: Which part are you referring to - my answer to why the US supports Israel or my comment to Joe Pardy? If I say something you disagree with then I'm a "disinfo agent"? I guess Yahoo Answers is definitely not the place for a serious debate where each side respects the other.

There are many possible answers to your question. Firstly, I would strongly encourage you not to pay attention to the ridiculous statements being made here like "Jews control the banks" or "Jews control the TV stations" or "Jews control" this or that. Any such explanation is ridiculously oversimplified and grounded primarily in prejudice rather than sound research and reasoning.

Charles DeGaulle once said, "nations do not have friends, they have interests." In other words, one nation does not support another because of some emotional bond or sentimental value, but because of rational considerations, as a means of enhancing power, influence, or wealth. Though this is not always the case when one reviews American foreign policy, there is no doubt that there are certainly rational reasons for the United States to continue to support Israel, as a means to further American interests. Below I will give you a couple of examples, but there are many more.

Firstly, let us consider the military aspect of the relationship. Many people view the military relationship between the US and Israel as highly one-sided: The US gives Israel some $3 billion dollars each year in military aid, and in exchange Israel agrees to use these funds to purchase American military hardware. Critics tend to argue that this amounts to nothing more than a big hole in America's wallet, but clearly this is not the case. In practice, this is essentially a grant to US defense firms by the US government - the money goes straight back to US firms, and is spent on improving American military technology. But in practice, the benefit that the US derives from its military relationship with Israel is far greater than that. I will use the F-15 air superiority fighter as an example. Israel has been a major operator of the F-15 Eagle for some 20-30 years now - and as a country which frequently experiences conflict, has been able to test out the fighter's capabilities in real combat situations against comparable Russian fighters. In fact, over half of all aircraft killed by F-15s were downed at the hands of the Israeli Air Force. Thus, Israel was able to test out America's military systems and provide feedback, as well as modifying the aircraft themselves. In other words, by selling its military equipment to Israel, America is able to substantially improve the quality of its own military.

Now there are plenty of non-military interests that America has in Israel too - namely, economic and political interests. One of America's central foreign policy pillars has always been to ensure the free flow of goods through the Suez Canal, in Egypt. Given Egypt's potential instability and the possibility of an Islamist revolution there at some point in the future, Israel's proximity to the Suez Canal is potentially very useful for securing American economic interests. Similarly, the US is able to use Israel as somewhat of a proxy force through which to enforce its interests in the Levant.

There are many other reasons why the US supports Israel - and these, coupled with the fact that Israel is a democratic society, a staunch US ally and relatively similar to the US in terms of morals and values, make the two countries natural allies. There's nothing mysterious or conspiratorial about it.

God didn't promise a damn thing the bible was written for Hebrews by Hebrews. Zionists rule the world that's why. But seriously if you want to know the real history ask Bush after he starts the 4th Reich. His Grandfather knew all about it.

Don't listen to the stupid remarks of "Political I". He's probably a disinfo agent. There's lots of those on Yahoo and other message boards. I've noticed these types come out of the woodwork full force especially on issues about 9/11.

Because America is ran by rich jews.

• Lfeata

we are a big reason the country was formed following WWII, due ti this we should feel an obligation to help them out, although they can obviously win any war and they have proved this. also its good to have a friend in the middle east. does it really matter though? maybe we just get along and have tea together, whats the point of questioning it?

Because we have been for the past 20 or so years.