Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Is it illegal to eat peacock?

I have heard that peacock is the latest name on the endangered species list and I cannot find the meat for sale anywhere although pheasant is plentiful. any ideas besides eww.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Goat G
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i used to raise peacocks and lemme tell you they are some good eatin. peacock hot wings are my favorite...they go great in ranch dip. also, a few years ago a family of white barn owls moved into the loft of our barn. i got my pellet gun and shot the mama owl and fried it in the turkey fryer. boy, that was some good eatin there.

• 1 decade ago

If you're in the united states then you have never found peacock meat in a store. Stop looking that's just weird. But no, it's probably not illegal to eat it, But if they are on the endanger list then it is illegal to kill them.

• 1 decade ago

What SPECIES of peacock?

The standard ones are raised in bulk world wide as decorative birds and can be purchased very easily. They aren't raised for meat--for a reason, they just don't taste as good as duck, goose and chicken. Eating one that was bred and raised in the USA wouldn't be illegal. Going to Asian and taking them out of the environment there would be.

• 1 decade ago

In what state do you live? Check with your local Department of Natural Resources.

• 1 decade ago

it is illegal to eat any listed endangered species!

• 1 decade ago

i think they are endangered hun

lol

• 1 decade ago

okay,

that's pretty disgusting.

&you must be a total douchebag

to eat an animal that will be extinct

in a couple of years.

obviously they wouldn't sell it in stores.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.