Bands On Your Back Burner...?

2-part Q: These are bands you've Never heard & you'd been *Meaning* to give a listen to for weeks, maybe months, but just never got around to it. Maybe you'd seen them mentioned here, or a friend recommended them, or you'd just heard about them & were curious. 2) Go find them on Youtube, then come back... show more 2-part Q:

These are bands you've Never heard & you'd been *Meaning* to give a listen to for weeks, maybe months, but just never got around to it.

Maybe you'd seen them mentioned here, or a friend recommended them, or you'd just heard about them & were curious.

2) Go find them on Youtube, then come back here & tell whether they appealed to you or not.

Name the band(s) & song(s) you tried. :)

mine:

Eagles of Death Metal
Angels & Airwaves
A Perfect Circle
Force 5
The Fall of Troy

will return w/ like em or nots.... :)
Update: Eagles of Death Metal - "I Gotta Feeling (Just Nineteen)"/ "I Want You So Hard (Boys Bad News)" ....They did not sound a THING like I was expecting! What a catchy song! It's official- I like these guys!

onto the others...
Update 2: Angels and Airwaves - "Secret Crowds"/ "The Adventure" ....Hmm. I think this is for the FOB crowd. Those familiar whiny vocals were there. Not for me.
Update 3: A Perfect Circle- "Passive"/ "Weak And Powerless"...Vocals reminded me of Tool. I wasn't blown away, but I could def' get into them. I think they'd be a "sleeper hit" for me. They'd grow on me..but fast, I suspect. Glad I finally tried em.
Update 4: beatles maniac- I'd recommend hearing Genesis' 70s work BIG time. It's very different from the poppy stuff you found.
Update 5: Family Force 5- "Drama Queen"/ "Put Your Hands Up"....I took one look at their pictures & thought- "Ok. another FOB-whiny type band." I was surprised. They have a different sound. Sense of humor. Rock riffs w/ an "urban" 'tude. VERY cool to hear an old school keyboard in... show more Family Force 5- "Drama Queen"/ "Put Your Hands Up"....I took one look at their pictures & thought- "Ok. another FOB-whiny type band." I was surprised. They have a different sound. Sense of humor. Rock riffs w/ an "urban" 'tude. VERY cool to hear an old school keyboard in "Hands Up"! I'll be damned, I liked these 2 songs...
Update 6: Jackie- Lol! No way! I *knew* I wasn't goin' crazy! I'll be damned! Also shows how far on the backburner they were for me. Thx!
Update 7: The Fall of Troy- "Cut Down All The Trees"/ "Ex-Creations"...Strange band! There was something very..."progressive screamo" about them. Bizarre song structures. I liked that! They could use a *little* more melody, but they're interesting. I think I'd have to hear more.
10 answers 10