Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 1 decade ago

Shimmer Swirls Face Illuminator?

Has anyone used this product? It is from Avon. I want to order it but i am not sure what a face illuminator does to your face? it has two shades to choose from. The first one is rose whirl and the second is silver swirl. Which one should i choose?

Thanks

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Illuminator helps to define but more so to highlight certain areas. It is used mainly for the brow bone and the cheekbones, liquid illuminator can be mixed with moisturizer or foundation for a dewy face.

Powder illuminators can be used just as you would with blusher, using a big fluffly brush to apply to desired areas. Liquid illuminator usually has a foundation-like texture, it can be applied with fingers just as you would with cream blush/moisturizer and foundation.

The two colours you mentioned (rose and silver) are for very different purposes. The rose is mainly for the cheeks (like bronzer) and the silver is mainly for the brow bone and the highest part of cheekbones. So it really depends where you want to use this on.

Hope I was able to help and easy to understand.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.