Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

Chances on getting pregnant?

Ok, I am freaking out. I was stupid and me & this guy had sex-no birth control of any kind.

Ok, Im praying im not pregnant but here are some details u should know thats sorta giving me hope i'm not pregnant:

1- boy smokes weed- ALOT. could that make him unfertile?

2- Im a vegetarian. could that make less fertile?

3- The act didnt last long at all! probably a just a couple of seconds(dont laugh, i know u want too)

4- he withdrawled

What r my chances getting pregnant?

- from Extremely Worried.

Thanks! Especially to J&J momma(i hope i remebered that right. srry if i didnt).

I took an online test and the thing said i was most fertile on the 29th-nov2, 5 days after i had sex. I really hope Im not pregnant! :(

Please pray for me! God bless!

Favorite Answer

Hi Sally M. Wow, a lot of these responses are offensive. I'm sorry for that.

You may be pregnant. Even if he withdrew, it is a possibility. Withdrawal is one of the poorest methods of birth control (even if it only lasted a few seconds!).

I put a link in below, and it states that withdrawal sees about a 4% - 19% rate of pregnancy. However, you would have to have been ovulating for pregnancy to occur; the average woman ovulates about 11-21 days from her last period or 12-16 days from her next cycle's start (see the second link below).

Given this information, you should be able to determine whether or not you're at risk for having become pregnant.

Really, the stress of worrying can impact your menstrual regularity. Try and put it from your mind right now, and simply take a test privately if you are indeed late. Easier said than done, right?

Good luck sweetie!

Oh - put a condom or two in your purse for these sorts of 'accidental' rendezvous!

*Edit

If you are pregnant, your boyfriend's weed smoking will not make your baby deformed or sick. I can't believe some of the ridiculous answers here!

The weed and vegetarianism are not something I would really consider factors, nor the length.

Women only ovulate for a few days a month and this is the only time you can get pregnant and the chances even then are only about 30%. BUT, there's is almost no way to tell if you're ovulating and for something so serious 30% is a big number.

If he withdrew there is a chance some semen was left in there (sometimes it happenes without orgasm and a guy doesn't notice) but he probably did not.

You are probably safe but pay attention to your body and if there are any changes take a test. Or better yet take one in a few days just to be sure. It is probably fine!

Well there's diffently a possibilty you could be pregnant because you are a vegetarian or he smokes weed doesn't mean anything. And it doesn't matter if it didn't act didn't last long or he withdrawed there is something called pre-c** and if any got in you there is a chance you could be pregnant. Wait 3 to 4 weeks or if you miss your period and take a pregnancy test don't before because you won't get an accurate result.

Contraception Myths

Pull and Pray or the Withdrawal Method - The withdrawal method can create a high possibility of pregnancy. The powerful pre-ejaculate contains the most potent sperm. Putting the penis in, even if only for a moment, can create pregnancy if the woman is close to ovulating or ovulating. Having sex without a condom puts both partners at high risk for pregnancy, sexual disease and possible future infertility. Protect yourself and your partner by always using a condom and another form of birth control at the same time.

Source(s): SexEd for Girls: http://www.sexetc.org/ SexEd for Guys: http://www.teenwire.com/index.php Teen Sexuality: http://midwestteensexshow.com/
  • Joe M

1 - Smoking a lot of marijuana does make a man less fertile

http://men.webmd.com/news/20031013/smoking-marijua...

2. Vegetarian - NOTHING whatsoever to do with being less fertile - http://www.tundraco.com/dlpvegicon.html

3 and 4 . Pre-ejaculate contains sperm - even if he didn't come, you can get pregnant. - old joke "q. what do you call a couple who uses the "withdraw method of birth control"? a: "mom and dad"

You're right - you made a really bad choice. The fact that he smokes weed and you are a vegetarian will make no difference. If you were ovulating - in other words, if you were in the middle of your cycle, the chances of you getting pregnant are good.

What you really need to look at is when was your last period. If it was around 2 weeks before your encounter with him then your chances are pretty good, but it also depends on how regular your period is.

I wouldn't trust vegetarianism, pot smoking or early with-drawl as a birth control.

1. weed don't help with fertility, but will screw up the brain for life more

2. wha? either ur fertile or not

3. just cos he is crap and too quick in bed doesn't mean he didn't ***

4. chances go down with withdrawal before orgasm, but pre-*** does contain sperm

chances probably aint high but get urself on the pill if u want unprotected

You better get to a women's clinic ASAP. All of those things you mentioned have very little effect of you not being pregnant.

• stop worrying and get a pregnancy test! At least then you will know for sure.