promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Is 108 Counts of Forgery, Theft, & Other Charges a Lot For Just One ACORN Employee?

"... on Oct. 21, a Chester man, James Barksdale, was arraigned on 108 counts of forgery, theft, and other charges involving voter registration applications he collected earlier this year as an employee of ACORN."

-- source: District Attorney's Office, Delaware County, PA

Update 2:

How does this tie into his quota as an employee of ACORN?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Get your facts straight. You forgot to mention that it was Acorn itself that brought up the matter of voter registration fraud to the authorities, as the fraud was against Acorn. They paid people to register real voters and instead these people registered fake voters. They committed fraud AGAINST ACORN, SO ACORN IS THE VICTIM.

Finally, if you want to talk about voter fraud, you should mention how Katherine Harris stole the 2000 election to George W. Bush.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm sure he was brought to the DA's attention by ACORN themselves. since ACORN is the one who was defrauded in this case. ACORN should at least have a civil suit against this person for defrauding them.

From your link:

“ACORN is the victim with respect to those payments (to Barksdale) to the extent they were in effect … the victims of a fraud,” said Green."

Pennsylvania ACORN Political Director Krista Holub verified Barksdale was an employee for eight days from late May through early June, during which time he gathered about 90 registrations. Holub said he was paid about $8 per hour. ACORN does not pay per signature, she said, as has been widely disseminated.

“We terminated Mr. Barksdale after eight days because we found suspicious activity on the applications he had turned in,” she said, such as a lack of telephone numbers."

They fired him after 8 days because they knew he was up to something...Sounds like they are acting pretty responsible to me.

• NO. They had to know that these ex addicts, and unemployed (dishonest) people were turning in forms with the same handwriting on them.

If I worked for ACORN and had to hire these type of people, I would not pay until all forms are looked over and checked for inaccuracies. Anything fishy comes up, and you don't get paid for that amount for Inaccurate registrations. PERIOD

While ACORN is getting a bad rap for all of this, someone at the local levels had to have known what was going on and should have handled this immediately.

• 4 years ago

Nothing new about this. The state of Washington did it in 2005 because of the 2004 election and convicted them on perjury and voter fraud. And it was a Democrat that did it as well.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

What's your question?

Is it.....here's proof that the few illegal acron employees tried to register people who don't exist but the system caught them, isn't acorn supervisors great for weeding out the bad people?

• 1 decade ago

Unlike Ted Stevens this person isn't convicted yet. If he is convicted he deserves what punishment he receives.

But quota, isn't that a remarkably stupid accusation!

• 1 decade ago

I guess ACORN has cast their patsy.

• 1 decade ago

He probably didn't even meet his quota, no that's less than average.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I just wish he could hve done more for his country.

• 1 decade ago

if he's guilty of them, no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.