John McCain wants to keep the Bush tax cuts in place. Period. He has no plans to lower taxes for the rich, just keep them at their current rate. Now, mind you, the top 10 percent of tax payers, i.e. 'the rich', are already paying about 90 percent of the taxes in this country. So you ask what are the middle class earners getting? Well, that remaining 10 percent of the revenue is up to them. You think 90 percent of the American people can handle 10 percent? Is that really too much to ask? Hmm? Now is it really. That's what they're getting.
And oh, by the way. I hate to be the first one to break it to you, but you're not getting a tax break from Obama either. He's going to increase spending by a trillion dollars which will further increase a growing national debt. You think he's lowering your taxes you're...well, you've been misled.
Hope that helps.
Oh and 'tax plans' during a campaign are about as useful as **** on a bull. I love that little Obama commercial directing you to their tax calculator. Essentially he's saying, "We'll pay you 'this much' to vote for us." and you believe him. Hey, tell you what. I'll pay you $10,000 to vote for McCain. You on board now? No, honest, I will. You can trust me. I care about you. $10,000. And it is all yours if you'll just vote for McCain.
Silly liberal. It's what they actually do that matters and you've been sold a bill of goods...cheap.
jstagrl: You're neglecting to mention the fact the after 2004 the Bush tax cuts, because they stimulated business and the economy, created revenue in excess of expenditures. Even with the gross increase in spending by Republicans the federal deficit was decreasing at a rate the would have had us meeting our budget obligations by 2008 and beginning to pay our debt. A little biased I think. The following chart shows up to 2006, it dropped a little in 2007. Unfortunately the economy weakened and stopped this trend. The fact is, in a good economy, low taxes generate revenue. In a bad economy, nothing does. But higher taxes makes a bad economy worse. You folks really need to ask yourselves this question; How do higher taxes create prosperity for the people? You're convinced lower taxes are bad, but how are higher taxes good...for anyone. I'm for lower taxes for EVERYONE, not merely some special segment of the population which is currently being asked to shoulder only 10 percent of the burden.
UPDATE: He said that once? Wow, you have a link to that? I've been to his website and he lays it out pretty well and no where does he say what you suggest. Still, if you believe you'll get a tax cut from Sen. Obama, I guess you'll believe anything. Given much thought to my $10,000 offer yet. I've got it right here. It's all yours if you'll vote for McCain.