Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What Are Your Views - Buddhism story of creation?

I Just Want To Know What are your opinions and views on the buddhism story of creation ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

In short Buddhism states that everything including the universe is made due to reasons. Those reasons too are made from a reason. so on..... So lord Buddha advise us not to try to find out the beginning as it is a non ending tiring process. This idea is very close to the scientific idea than any other religion.

Mr Rhosh R seemed to be confused. We, Buddhists believe that lord Buddhas teaching tell us about the true nature of life. From time to time this true nature is forgotten and it is a Buddha who discovers it. So there has been many Buddhas in the past. And we too can become one by developing our mind to enlighten stage.

Source(s): I am Buddhist.
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

There is NO Buddhist teaching on the creation/origin of life. All Buddhists believe that after death, (if we have not achieved enlightenment in life), we return to one of the 5/6 realms. The sect I follow believe in 6 realms: Gods, demigods, humans, animals, hungry ghosts or hell. So, you can be reborn as a god or animal or...... Some sects have NO teaching about how this occurs. The Tibetans (and some others) have very exact and intricate teachings about what happens between death and the next birth. EDIT: There is no teaching on creation, one reason being that time is not linear. You have to uderstand time and the concept of time either from a Buddhist perspective or quantum physics perspective. (I must admit that I do not and very few people I know do), but rest assure, there is NO Buddhist teaching on creation or how things came to be here

• 1 decade ago

Buddhism doesn't have a creation story, it's a philosophy that teaches you how to live a happy life. Knowing where the world came from has nothing to do with that.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They don't have one.

For Buddhists the creator of the universe of experience is not an external being, but your own Karma. Karma substitutes the role of God, but the main difference is that it is not separated from the individual. Past actions of thought, speech and body determine, limit and set a boundary for the experiences that one can have in the present, and present actions set the same boundaries for future experiences.

In Buddhist teaching there is no single universe in which every living being resides. Rather, there are many universes of experience, and every living being exists in its own universe.

Buddhist Cosmology says the time from the creation to the destruction of the universe is called a kalpa. At the end of the kalpa the human and god realms are destroyed and at the beginning of a new kalpa the god realm is the first to appear. Due to his past karma, one particular being is the first to be reborn in the god realm and for a long time he is living alone. (Tibetans say that Brahma - "the creator" according to Hinduism - is the oldest living being in the current kalpa.)

At some moment he wishes to have companionship and sooner or later a second being is reborn there. When this happens the first being, Brahma, thinks "I wished for companionship, and now this being appeared so I must be his creator!". The second being thinks "This other being was here before me, so he must be my creator" and all the next beings reborn in the god realm, fall into the same mistaken logic. Later on, the good karma that make this beings gods is exhausted and they fall into the human realm. Unconsciously they remember that the saw the creator god in a past life so they continue to worship him. This is the reason the highest cast of the Aryans is called Brahmans because they saw Brahma face-to-face in the past.

I say "hogwash!!!!!!!"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am pretty sure Buddhism = Reincarnation, repeatedly living again and again until your spirit has learned all that it must

I think it makes lore sense than the bible as the spirit is seen as something separate from our bodies

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

All creation myths are just that - myths. They are stories that help us explain the unexplainable. We have an innate need to know where we come from. Literal interpretations are touchy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Buddhism does not talk about creation or a creator god.

• 1 decade ago

Before I start many people dont know what Buddism really means without studying Buddhism older than Christanity realy didnt come from Jesus Buddhism is 35,000 years old, Christianity is 551 years old. Buddhism is 35,000 years old. However, Buddha was born in 500 B.C. This makes Buddhism only 2,500 years old. Please explain.

The true story theirs is one God that created everthing

the universe is material, but the essence of universe is spiritual

the Earth is alive and Human Beings Highest order of creation, some evidence Jesus was studing aspect of Buddhist, But Jesus is a muslim as well "Siddhartha Gautama (Buddah) the (elightment one) and both Jesus and Buddha have similar teachings. Muslim is not a religion means entire submission to do will of God, Christians means anointed one, chrystalize into one or to follow example of Jesus Christ their one in same meanings, we should not get caught in titles, But Unity. Buddha is call elightment one, because light is truth and contain the wisdom of God, so become the children of God and we have to go through a process of purification of our faculties(our spirit) absorbing God wisdom and act on God Wisdom. Buddha prophecies well as other prophets in the world, that the Supreme Light or a true Elightment One, not a spook a anointed one in person, story say God will come in person in Last Days and raise one to represent (Him) will bring New Wisdom and the Kingdom of Heaven establish on Earth, not the cloud and space. Buddha taught Islam ! The Holy Quran says that includes the Bible, God sent or raise prophet in every nation and all prophets taught same truth, God is one.

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad through Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan taught us that there is no birth record to Islam; Islam is older than the Sun, Moon and Stars. Islam did not originate with Prophet Muhammad of Arabia, nearly fourteen hundred (1400) years ago (Peace Be Upon Him). True Islam did not originate with the Holy Qur'an. Islam did not originate with the teachings of Moses or the teachings of Abraham. Islam was before Abraham. Islam was before the Sun, Moon and Stars. What is Islam? Islam is the Nature of God and Islam mean (Peace) includes Freedom, Justice, Equality. He created us from the Essence of Himself and first act of creation is woman she second Self of God, because her womb that carries life barewitness of God self creation ,self created himself. brought out Universe. The Holy Qur'an teaches us, "O people, keep your duty to your Lord, Who created you from a single being and created its mate from the same kind and spread from the two many men and women.

According to the definition of Buddhism in the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 3rd edition, published by the Houghton Mifflin Company in Boston, New York, Buddhism is "the doctrine attributed to Buddah..."

The doctrine ( the principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief) of Buddhism existed long before the birth of Siddhartha Gautama (Buddah).

The word 'Buddha' is a title and not a name. It means 'one who is (awake)' in the sense of having 'woken up to reality'. This title was first given to a man called Siddharta Gautama, who lived 2,500 years ago in northern India.

• Frizby
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't know it could you give a brief detail of it, then i will add what i think..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

God created the universe perfectly to allow life to survive and be sustained within it.

Source(s): can God become be similar to His creation? http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/573/
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.