Should I change my last name?

My parents divorced when I was 3. My Mum moved to a different country with my brother and I. Since then I haven't really seen a lot of my father. He rings once a week or so and we go over and visit him for 10 days every 18months. My Father is an alcoholic and has never paid a cent of child support for my Brother... show more My parents divorced when I was 3. My Mum moved to a different country with my brother and I. Since then I haven't really seen a lot of my father. He rings once a week or so and we go over and visit him for 10 days every 18months.

My Father is an alcoholic and has never paid a cent of child support for my Brother and I. We don't have a good relationship at all. He's remarried and supports my Step Mother's adult children.

My father was adopted at birth and has gone back to his birth name. My brother and I still have his adopted parents last name. I hate this name. My Dad's adopted parents are still alive and make no effort to have anything to do with my brother and I. My Grandmother is terminally ill and I know she does care about me and my brother.

I would really like to change my name to my Mother's maiden name because I feel like I am more apart of her family than my fathers. I am 18 and have been thinking about this ever since I was about 15 or 16. Should I bring it up? Or should I just leave it? One day I imagine I will get married and change my last name.

Thanks.
Update: I'm almost 19. I don't live with any of my family. Thanks everyone.