What is this book called, its about a girl who gets leukemia and meets a boy in the hospital... ?

i read this book a long time ago and i really liked it even tho it was really sad. they fall in love and the boy ends up dying in the end. does this sound familiar to anyone? i cant remember the title.

no, its not a very popular book. and the whole thing is about them falling in love. it starts out with her on a date with another boy. then she starts to get really sick. gets diagnosed. and meets him in the leukemia center. the girl lives with her dad and grandma.

Favorite Answer

"Invincible Summer" by Jean Ferris

http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Summer-Aerial-Fic...

"Robin Gregory, a 17-year-old midwestern farm girl, is awaiting a battery of tests in the hospital when she meets personable Rick Winn, who is a striking contrast to the immature hometown boys she has known. Rick, who is undergoing chemotherapy, distracts Robin from her anxiety through his warmth and humor. When she learns that she too has leukemia, Rick provides constant support, helping her cope with her fear and anger and encouraging her when the treatments leave her moody, ugly, and debilitated. Love blossoms as they share their hopes and fears, and in a particularly touching moment, the two make love after leaving the hospital. Their optimism is short-lived, however, as Rick learns that his cancer has spread and can no longer be contained. Robin assumes the supporter role, helping Rick struggle with his rage at life's unfairness. Ferris skillfully avoids the hazard of mawkishness inherent in such a dual Love Story situation. The emotionally powerful ending affirms life with such intensity that it will leave readers appreciating the present moment more fully. Rick and Robin face adversity with courage, yet realistically fall prey to occasional despair"

Its A Walk to Remember, with Mandi Moore and Shane West. Happy Holidays!

The story sounds familiar to me. Might it be a book by Lurlene McDaniel? She's written many books about teenagers who are effected some way by serious illnesses. I went through a major kick reading her books when I was in junior high.

The story line you described reminds me especially of two of hers (based on what I remember from about twelve years ago).

Look at "Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep" and "Let Him Live." Might be one of those.

Source(s): http://www.randomhouse.com/features/lurlene/books.... Reading just about every book she had published twelve years ago.
  • Mila

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult?