ohhhhbaby=] asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

HELP!?! my cat WONT stop screaming at night!?!?

its getting really annoying, hes not sick or anything, but how can i get him to stop, new toys arent working..please help me!

i will give a best answer.

Update:

he is fixed.

and he wants attention, but i cant really give it to him, when im trying to sleep..

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

He could be in pain. Many male cats are prone to urinary tract infections. I would have him checked out by a Vet.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Sounds like he's ready to mate. If he is actually a she, she is most likely in heat. If your pets are not "fixed", it's just a good idea to have them "fixed" because of the high population of unwanted pets. Many animal welfare agencies have programs for low income pet owners to have their beloved pets "fixed" free or low cost.

If the cat is indeed "fixed", maybe there is another animal outside that your cat is trying to get to.

Good luck!

Mary in Camden, MI

EDIT-

Cats are nocturnal creatures, I bet he just wants loving or attention if he's fixed. Here's an article that may be of help.

http://www.perfectpaws.com/noct.html

• YYZ
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Well Is he neutered? If not get him Neutered.

One way to stop a cat from being noisey is to get them to chase things such as a laser pointer light,

Play with him for about 10 minutes with the laser pointer before you go to bed.

That should help

• Laurie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Is he neutered? If not, this will certainly calm him down. If he is, he is looking for attention and companionship. Put the cat on your bed and he most likely will stop this. Put a small amount of food and water in your room.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Is he able to go in your room?

He could be hungry or wants attention.

My kitten meows constantly when I'm sleeping because he wants attention.

EDIT:

The best advice I can give is to either ignore him or give him something to do,like leave some cat movie on quietly in the living room,etc.

• 1 decade ago

he might be wanting to ho outside to mate if not castrated...he could also have a nightly visitor that is harrasing him. Stay up late one night and watch him and what he does, if he is going crazy by a window look outisde and look for strays. If not then you may want to get him to a vet to have bloodwork done and an exam.

• 1 decade ago

if you get him neutered he should stop, its a aggression thing cats do when its time to find a mate!

• 1 decade ago

i think it likes to go outside,because if you have a pet it should be free to dowhat it wants to do and where it wants to stay,a pet should not be a prisoner

• 1 decade ago

is he neutered? maybe hes hungry?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.