She Hurt Me and Doesn't Understand Why?

The other night, my girlfriend and I set up plans for her to come into town (i live in Chicago) to see Obama speak on Tuesday. I got my roommate out of our dorm for the weekend, started preparing to have her over, when she tells me: "I'm coming into town more for the politics than for you." She doesn't understand... show more The other night, my girlfriend and I set up plans for her to come into town (i live in Chicago) to see Obama speak on Tuesday. I got my roommate out of our dorm for the weekend, started preparing to have her over, when she tells me: "I'm coming into town more for the politics than for you."
She doesn't understand why this hurt me or why I'm upset over it- but it made me feel really unimportant to her. Am I WAY off base here? Is she? How can I articulate to her that this hurt my feelings (I tried just saying that it did, and she brushed me off like it was nothing)?