Would you recommend any of these books?

If you have read any of these books, please say what you liked about them (or didn't like) and give them a rating on a scale of 10.

Kindred by Octavia Butler

A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest Gaines

The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley

Native Son by Richard Wright

Thanks!

• TW
    Favorite Answer

If you like politics and society, read this one. It is a story of someone who mixes Truth with Good. As Aristotle, and Plato (and Socrates before Aristotle) taught, when you mix Good and Truth, society will punish you. So it was with Malcom X (and MLKing and the Kennedy brothers and Jesus.)

Native Son by Richard Wright

If you are literary, read this one. It is the struggle to break free from society's labels. It is brave and well written.

"The Autobiography of Malcolm X as told to Alex Haley" is a definite 10. One of the best autobiographies I've read.

Native Son by Richard Wright is supposed to be really good. It's one of the best novels ever written...now i know what you're thinking...just because it's supposed to be good, doesn't necessarily mean it IS...but i've actually read a few excerpts from it and it will definitely hold your attention...I can't believe I haven't read it yet. I suggest that one.

Sorry I haven't read any of these, either.

The Autobiography of Malcolm X looks very interesting though. I would read it.

I haven't heard of any of them-- sorry!